Do You Practice/ Train On Your Shooting Technique Weekly ?

If you can see the quarry , and it can see you , why don't it fec off then

If that was the case we would all come home empty handed !

you talk about field craft T,H how close can you get to a rabbit

Me, close real close so close i could just about pick them up just ask David hear and daz or even Vizlauk or should i go on

They have all seen me do this and none of them can But all are good field craft hunters

and as for not practicing to keep your eye in

pick up a springer and do what you say as it will bite you in the ass so hard it will feck you

Shooting a pcp is so, so easy but a spring rifle not so

Iv been siting in the back ground reading this thread

and yes some of what you say is true and field craft is very important

and so is practice im diabetic and it affects my eyes so much so iv got to have glasses my eyes change from time to time so for me practice helps me and is a must

as the like of wind weather affects the way the rifle shoots

yes zero your rifle before you go shooting but th weather can change in an instant

and so dose your rifle .

And going by your way of thinking then we all should be British air gun champions no need to practice just turn up shoot the targets and walk away with the prize .

No need to practice

yer right

mac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

And going by the state of your poor rifle i don't give much for your maintenance skills ether

• Like 5

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's me, that is - unnaturaly talented. I can put a pellet past a rabbits head and make it jump without harming it at all. And I can prove it - my mate witnessed me do it 4 times in my last 2 outing

Have no time to train im to busy out shooting vermin   honest   atvbmac :thumbs:

I bow down to the almighty moxy the man { really a god } who over time has educated us all in the way of stalking , shooting , and being able to hit just about anything that we shoot at , with out th

Posted Images

Me and my daughter practice almost every other day. We both enjoy it. We'll shoot at anything from paper targets to little plastic men to M&Ms.

It means that we can both keep our eye in and, she keeps on top of safety. It also gives her confidence with her rifle.

• Like 2

Silly answer , .. Stalking involves movement , and movement is picked up by a quarry species.

Along with your stack of guns David you must also have an invisible suit.

As for coming home empty handed , it happens but is rare.

its hard to stalk in your back garden which is where most of the lads on here pellet test or practice!

unless its your neighbour

The super secret airrifle army soldiers are starting to gang up.

Expect a crack team of snipers to be on your permission immently tree hands clearing the land of half grown rabbits!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

The super secret airrifle army soldiers are starting to gang up.

Expect a crack team of snipers to be on your permission immently tree hands clearing the land of half grown rabbits!

Out of likes bud

so a :thumbs: will have to do for now

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Never mentioned a springer, competition shooting or even plinking in the back garden.

Just pointing out more important disciplines to practice other than just pulling the trigger.

And as for the comment on my rifle...go take yer face for a Barry White....

I don't practice per say , but shoot a lot and still have good returns.

Never wanted to be the best , just a competent shot with clean kills.

And you reckon you can sneak up on a rabbit on a close cropped flat grass field !!!!

Whether you choose shooting, golf, football or any other sport, practise in an essential part of it, in my view.

The s400 doesn't require a lot of practise, but I take a couple of cards into the field, to check the zero and settle myself with a few shots, before I begin in earnest.

The 99 is a different beast, of course. It handles and fires completely differently, so it goes to the club every week, if only for a couple of dozen shots, to keep me 'in touch' with it.

Practise makes perfect.......

• Like 3

If you are only interested in field work then the best training/practice is to do it on a regular basis!

If you are rusty then practice before you go out, but no amount of laying on a range or in your back garden is like the real thing, with every different set of circumstances and weather you can imagine.

Obviously time must be dedicated to zeroing work, but that's about your lot.

ATB! :thumbs:

Edit

For clarification, I am not suggesting you don't need to practice, I am suggesting that getting out and doing it is the best practice you can get!

Edited by Deker
  • Like 1

Nailed to the mast deker, my thoughts entirely .

Big Mac , I have unlimited access to prime rabbit ground just stepping out the back gate.

Your welcome to come up and prove that what you preach you can put into practice.

You can also bring invisible David along to carry all the rabbits.

Serious offer , just pm me.

Sometimes we can put to much thought into something .

Thus stepping from being an air rifle advocat to an air rifle annorack

Shooting rabbits with a catty !!! That demands Practice.

• Like 1

Never mentioned a springer, competition shooting or even plinking in the back garden.

Just pointing out more important disciplines to practice other than just pulling the trigger.

And as for the comment on my rifle...go take yer face for a Barry White....

I don't practice per say , but shoot a lot and still have good returns.

Never wanted to be the best , just a competent shot with clean kills.

And you reckon you can sneak up on a rabbit on a close cropped flat grass field !!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:feck: :feck: :feck:

Nailed to the mast deker, my thoughts entirely .

Big Mac , I have unlimited access to prime rabbit ground just stepping out the back gate.

Your welcome to come up and prove that what you preach you can put into practice.

You can also bring invisible David along to carry all the rabbits.

Serious offer , just pm me.

Sometimes we can put to much thought into something .

Thus stepping from being an air rifle advocat to an air rifle annorack

Shooting rabbits with a catty !!! That demands Practice.

Would not know where to start and if you can do that

then my hats off to you

for that you have my respect full stop

like you say,d that takes practice and i would need a lot lol

my grandson little hunter has been shooting since he was 8yrs old and with practice he is getting better

so it seems some do need to practice treehands

just like me if i use,d a catty

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

field craft and homing your shooting skills are not the same

field craft is art on its own , if you can get within 30 yards of a rabbit , id say field craft is good

but its not worth a wank , if you cant shoot strait and true to the quarry

both go hand in hand ,

but imo the shot placment is more inportant, :thumbs:

• Like 3