Do You Practice/ Train On Your Shooting Technique Weekly ?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's me, that is - unnaturaly talented. I can put a pellet past a rabbits head and make it jump without harming it at all. And I can prove it - my mate witnessed me do it 4 times in my last 2 outing

Have no time to train im to busy out shooting vermin   honest   atvbmac :thumbs:

I bow down to the almighty moxy the man { really a god } who over time has educated us all in the way of stalking , shooting , and being able to hit just about anything that we shoot at , with out th

Posted Images

I think VM right all day long practice makes perfect as they say , it would be irresponsible not to practice when you intend to go and shoot live quarry , Injurys must be avoided at all costs , and this would go a long way to eradicate that happening

So in a nut shell , any one who does not , needs to think twice before putting the cross hairs on any quarry

That's my stance on it

Atb

• Like 5

40-60 rounds of .22lr @ 25 yards at the shooting club per week, 30-50 rounds of the same at my 35 yard range per week. After vermin shoot (15-20 rounds) I set my target at 100 yards for around 20-30 shots with the .17 HMR once, maybe twice per week. 100 clays once a month and practical shotgun shooting once a month.

• Like 1

imo, if you have to practice/train to shoot an air rifle

You need to sell them an get another hobby

Why wouldn't you practice for your hobby or do you just keep the rifle packed up just cleaning or looking at it ?

Surely shooting a few pellets a week is also enjoyment of the sport as well as honing your skills and not exactly a chore.

• Like 5

imo, if you have to practice/train to shoot an air rifle

You need to sell them an get another hobby

Airguns are tricky to master and practice is needed for holdover. Before I shoot live stuff I check zero and stick a few cards out at different ranges to check I'm up to it. Nowt wrong with practicing your hobby it's all part of it.

• Like 1

I've shot air rifles from a young age and still do .

If your new to shooting then yes by all means there is a need to practice to shoot the gun.

But if there is experience behind you the thing to practice is fieldcraft , not shooting the gun.

Before shooting live quarry on a session the gun is zeroed , after that it's fieldcraft all the way...

post-103007-0-71849400-1463779847_thumb.jpeg

Rapid 7 mark 2 not exactly pretty but she's mine.

Bought it new an she serves me well.

I been shooting since I was young too but I don't see anything wrong with practicing and its needed to keep you in touch and hitting quary humanely.

Recently I changed pellet from biz mags to jsb jumbo and the difference between them was incredible. If I hadn't have had a good practice I would have been shite.

• Like 2

Finding the best pellet for your chosen gun is part and parcel of buying the weapon of choice is it not.

There is only two ways of shooting air rifles... Static or Stalking.

Static being the easier of the two

Though both require fieldcraft , stalking requires ...hand..eye..target..coordination.

How many practice ...fieldcraft..speed shooting .

That's what puts bunnys in the bag not training to shoot a gun.

My mates are good on targets but not as good in the field.

If you see the quarry it can see you.

You snooze you lose as they say.

Silly answer , .. Stalking involves movement , and movement is picked up by a quarry species.

Along with your stack of guns David you must also have an invisible suit.

As for coming home empty handed , it happens but is rare.