Dried Food

I wouldn't stop feeding meat straight away there gong to need to adjust too the change the one time I tried mine they scrapped it out the bowls within two minutes and it lay on the floor for two days while I waited on them eating it .

Now I feed meat all year it just takes a bit more effort feed last thing at night remove the remains in the morning and a sterling fly bag each end of the hutch will help with the flys but no stop them completely and I rinse all the slabs done with a citrus scented bleach

• Like 2

i combination feed mine....... dry stuff when i aint got any carcasses and sometimes a wee bit of both...........

but as stated already they guzzle water when on the dry stuff.

the same here. mine tuck into dried food but would rather be feeding them meat

my 3 will drain 2 jumbo bunny bottles in a day when they are on dry food and barely take an inch if they are on bunny / pigeon / game carcasses.

i swap mine about all the time between dry and meat depending on if i've got anything freshly shot or remembered to defrost anything for them the day before. it never bothers them because they are used to it but i must admit i did tend to feed more dry through the summer and just chuck in the odd 1/4 or half bunny / small pigeon if i knew it was going to be a cooler day or two.

i just use the pets at home own brand stuff, its usually 11 quid for 2 bags and with a big vac hob & two normal sized jills and rotating their food a bag lasts about 3 months.