Long And Purse Netting Rats ?

First question is why would you want to catch a live rat in a net then try to get the fecker out? ,if you want to catch a rat get a dog or if you want one alive get a trap but nets and live rats just mean bitten hands and a tangle of pissed off rat and string... :laugh:

Edited by fireman
  • Like 3

I've never really been able to find a lot of information on the subject was hoping someone on here could fill me in.

Thanks !

Stay Blessed !

Hi Wolfdog,..welcome to The Hunting Life...

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 1

First question is why would you want to catch a live rat in a net then try to get the fecker out? ,if you want to catch a rat get a dog or if you want one alive get a trap but nets and live rats just mean bitten hands and a tangle of pissed off rat and string... :laugh:

when catching bolting rats we used a tin(top and bottom removed) basically a tube, onto one end we tied a nylon stocking. the tin was pushed into a rat hole the bolting rat ran through the tube and down the stocking perhaps halfway where the stocking held it, never recall a rat getting right down to the toe of the stocking or a rat backing out once in, the tube would be hung up replaced by another tube until we had finished. to remove the rat the stocking would be cut and the shaken out for the terrier pups to despatch. THIS WAS IN THE EARLY 1960's

Y.I.S Leeview

• Like 1

Rats my friends ! Plain ole rats ! I'm personally not interested in doing it but I heard about long netting rabbits,fox,and rats but could only find info on rabbits, info on fox and rats seemed to be nonexestint.