Started The Hw77 Stock

My God look at what's starting to emerge already! I'm saying now't here as this man is a genius at work :rocker:

After what Jimmy has produced with my HW80 stock, and the performance of that rifle now, this is going to make a pair of gunstocks that a man like me could only dream of. :blink: :blink: :blink::icon_eek:

PM sent about an Adjustable Butt pad for it Jimmy. When you get a moment mate.

ATB

Simon

• Like 1

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back in its action lads that's it all done on this thread   Simon gave it its seal of approval   atvbmac :thumbs:

Some more now she is dry enough to handle   she will get another coat on to night lads but this time im putting the oil on with my fingers a little at a time Less is better than more at this stage .

At last some good pics of it   atvbmac :thumbs:

Posted Images

Looking good........ again :)

It's getting boring now, can you accidentally f**k one up please, just to liven things up a bit :D

Seriously, nice work and, thank you for the info. I'm sure I'm not the only one that gets confidence from a bit more knowledge like that.

As already said, I just don't understand why the manufacturers don't put a bit more thought into their stock finishes.

• Like 1

Do you take the dents out of the wood, or sand them out?

I've never had the best of success trying to pull the dents back, any tips?

Cheers

I just use a damp tea towel and the iron on steam ,,,lift them as much as i can then let it stand for a few hours to harden off after the steaming then if need be sand the remaining dent out .

If this dose not work then its sanding but the hole stock would have to be done as you cant patch the stock or blend in like you can a car when it needs paint repair if you no what i mean Deker.

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Cheers

I just use a damp tea towel and the iron on steam ,,,lift them as much as i can then let it stand for a few hours to harden off after the steaming then if need be sand the remaining dent out .

If this dose not work then its sanding but the hole stock would have to be done as you cant patch the stock or blend in like you can a car when it needs paint repair if you no what i mean Deker.

That is pretty much what I've done, is the iron on VERY hot?

I've never had particularly good results, perhaps I need to find an old piece of hardwood, put some dents in it and practice!

:thumbs:

Cheers

That is pretty much what I've done, is the iron on VERY hot?

I've never had particularly good results, perhaps I need to find an old piece of hardwood, put some dents in it and practice!

:thumbs:

Some times its easier to sand them out deker

If there to deep i sand them down and try to make it look like a knot

not as easy as it sounds mind lol

i dont have the iron on hot hot but not warm ether

• Like 1

Step 5, oiling

Once you have left the stain to sink in and dry give her a light rub over again with the wool again

clean the dust off the same way as before (its better if you have a air compressor as you can blow the dust off)

let it stand for a while then what i do is put a little hot water in a tub then put the oil in a littler tub place the tub with the oil in,in the bigger tub the heat off the hot water will thin the oil out so its not to thick.

get a lint free cloth dip it in the oil and run it from the top of the stock right down to the end of the butt following the grain

do not go against the grain .

Once you have the stock cover,d in oil give it a check to make sure there are no runs .

if there is just run the cloth over it following the grain again until the run has gone .

then let her stand some where where she is not going to fall over

let it stand for 12 hours check she is properly dry then apply the second coat the same way then let it stand for 24 hours or longer the longer the better the harder the oil will get .

just look at the shine on this after two coats

post-63400-0-49961700-1462296177.jpg

post-63400-0-91254600-1462296186.jpg

post-63400-0-04250000-1462296196.jpg

• Like 2

She dose look good Matt real good

im doing this one the way i want this time ;)

got a pro sport one to do tomorrow night lol

You never stop pal.

I think a pro sport will be this year's next big purchase to go with my 100.

• Like 1

You never stop pal.

There a top class rifle i know every one go,s on about the tx but the balance of a pro sport is some thing else and i find the under leave tucked in to the stock helps the balance of the rifle .

the pro sport is every bit as good as any tx if not better and even the hw97s and thats saying some thing me being a

weihrauch man i can tell you .

iv had three pro sports or was it four :hmm: and ill get another soon iv just told the rfd to keep an eye out for a stunning walnut one in 177 for me .

• Like 1

You never stop pal.

There a top class rifle i know every one go,s on about the tx but the balance of a pro sport is some thing else and i find the under leave tucked in to the stock helps the balance of the rifle .

the pro sport is every bit as good as any tx if not better and even the hw97s and thats saying some thing me being a

weihrauch man i can tell you .

iv had three pro sports or was it four :hmm: and ill get another soon iv just told the rfd to keep an eye out for a stunning walnut one in 177 for me .

I'm going to go for a walnut one too Jimmy.

It doesn't really matter what stock YOU get.....it will inevitably end up bloody lovely pal???

• Like 1

There is a one there now but it is a plane Jane

if you had of seen my first one then the second one wow

i needed my head shot for getting rid of them lol

here are a few photos of them both

post-63400-0-61464100-1462305140_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-32080000-1462305149_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-74399100-1462305170.jpg

post-63400-0-34793600-1462305180.jpg

post-63400-0-71765400-1462305230_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-96012700-1462305237_thumb.jpg