Started The Hw77 Stock

The pic do make it look easy and quick to do but as you know its very time consuming

I don't think mine are up to your standard John there top class and you have fetched out the grain in some of them stocks no end

it all ways amazes me why they cover up the grain in some of the rifle stocks

when they must no its the nice grain that will sell the rifle in the first place lol

That air sporter is nice real nice

once again top class work

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back in its action lads that's it all done on this thread   Simon gave it its seal of approval   atvbmac :thumbs:

Some more now she is dry enough to handle   she will get another coat on to night lads but this time im putting the oil on with my fingers a little at a time Less is better than more at this stage .

At last some good pics of it   atvbmac :thumbs:

Posted Images

Right another one bites the dust

just had its final polish with the bee,s wax

all done just needs Simon's seal of approval

all boxed up both of them bud

and should be in your hands by 9am or 10 am tomorrow

if i wake up on time lol

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

post-63400-0-55495700-1465592267_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-83091000-1465592276_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-77710300-1465592286_thumb.jpg

I have to say what an incredible rifle this is, in this fantastic stock that Jimmy has transformed. The butt-pad makes it just about as near perfection for my fit as I've ever known with any rifle. I nailed 11 rabbits and a woodpigeon with it last night. The scope is an elderly and much loved Simmons Pro-Air 6-18x40 AO and suits this HW77 to a perfect Tee. Only a 30/30 duplex reticle but,zeroed at 35 metres optimum range on 'Gas mark 7, you only need only a little hold under for shorter range kills and a little holdover for anything further. It's the same with HW80 that Jimmy also breathed new magic into its stock.

Both rifles have been out and still available after well over 30-odd years and are every bit as potent and accurate as the best of anything made today.

It's old-school air gunning as I grew up with; and I love it.

Jimmy. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the kindness and brilliance you have bestowed on these treasured rifles.

Simon.

• Like 2

Your welcome bro

BUT YOUR STILL GOING TO CUT THE STOCK ON YOUR NEW PRO SPORT NOT ME :tongue2:

I,,,I,,,I,,,I,,, I,,,I,,,j.j.j,just could n,n,not just could not i,i,i mean i just could n,n,n,n,not

c,c,c,cut a.a.a.a.a.wal,,,walnut,,,,sto,,,stock

I need to sit down :laugh:

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Really nice work.

I did something similar with a Webley Eclipse I picked up from a colleague for a song.

It was very tired, but I sorted the rust on the barrel and underlever with oil and an old penny, then oil and 0000 wire wool. Very similar job on the stock, but didn't stain it, wish I had now, rather than just BLO.

Like the cling film tip.

All the best.