Started The Hw77 Stock

Jimmy I'm speechless and in total bloody awe of what you done here for me. I'll never be able to fully express all my appreciation and the gratitude I feel for the kindness and admiration of regards I hold you in.

Both an absolutely stunning HW77 Mk.I stock and a truly beautiful Prosport stock conversion to left hand.

Well, I can only compliment the HW77 stock with the action of my beautiful HW77 .22 rifle. And I have a lovely Simmons Pro Air 6 -18x 40mm to give it a fully retro, classical sporting look. And it will still knock any PCP into touch for sheer accuracy and smoothness.

A .22 Prosport will now, NOW FINALLY a reality for me. I never thought I would ever be able to own one with the way Air Arms produce this rifle. If this is what it has taken to make my litte dream a reality, Jimmy, you cannot believe just how thankful for that alone, I really feel ,my dear pal.

The stuff of shooter's fantasies. When you have the rifles you've always ever wanted and you cannot want for better, or for any more.

Got the beers ready whenever you can come down Jimmy. Cokes for Littlehunter...Sugar free!

Best regards mate.

Simon

• Like 1

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back in its action lads that's it all done on this thread   Simon gave it its seal of approval   atvbmac :thumbs:

Some more now she is dry enough to handle   she will get another coat on to night lads but this time im putting the oil on with my fingers a little at a time Less is better than more at this stage .

At last some good pics of it   atvbmac :thumbs:

Posted Images

Thank you so much Simon ,

iv still got a few things to sort out up here so it may be 2 to 3 weeks before i can get down mate if thats ok by you

and iv got the stocks away in the cabinet so no harm can come to them lol

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

Havent had much time to come on forums recently but now i need to get my shooting motivation back!

MOTIVATION,

ill come down and give you a slap :tongue2:

that will be enough MOTIVATION :laugh:

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

Havent had much time to come on forums recently but now i need to get my shooting motivation back!

MOTIVATION,

I might come up there and give you a slap! Or just chill on your permission with you for a few hours one day ;)
  • Like 1

MOTIVATION,

I might come up there and give you a slap! Or just chill on your permission with you for a few hours one day ;)

Skot your more than welcome mate any time you want just pm me and we will sort it out

all you need is the train fare up and back ill pick you up from the train station

and my lass will sort you out food wise or ANY THING ELSE you may need lol

• Like 2

Do you still have the HW97KT Thumbhole stock on you 97 we traded for Skot? The 97K Bavarian sporter we swapped it for, is a beauty to me. And it's a right hooker stock too.

All the best mate.

Simon

• Like 1

Do you still have the HW97KT Thumbhole stock on you 97 we traded for Skot? The 97K Bavarian sporter we swapped it for, is a beauty to me. And it's a right hooker stock too.

All the best mate.

Simon

Nope i had to trade that rifle in to be able to afford my hw100.

Then a few months after that i got another hw97 in .22 (the one i still have now)

Which had a beech sporter stock. I sold that stock to rez on here

Now my hw97 is in the synthetic black thumbhole stock which i bought off Risingfriend.

I do prefer the wooden thumbhole but the synthetic one will do for now.. considering how much i bloody go shooting lol

• Like 1

MOTIVATION,

Skot your more than welcome mate any time you want just pm me and we will sort it out

all you need is the train fare up and back ill pick you up from the train station

and my lass will sort you out food wise or ANY THING ELSE you may need lol

I have a car now Jimmy so traveling to you is not an issue.. its just finding the time!

Im sure we can sort something out for a good session sometime

• Like 1

Excellent job of the stock :thumbs::notworthy::notworthy:

I've done a few through the years, The last one I did was a Feinwerbau 300s, These were notorious for having plain walnut fitted, Most were stained very dark, My mates was no exception!!

In the hands it looked like it had been painted brown and had numerous dings and scratches!

POvuqGZ.jpg

After bleaching, It went from dark blotchy brown to very very white! Trying to get the golden walnut colour was difficult having got rid of my stains years ago!, My mate had some water based walnut stain which was very dark, I should have diluted it but instead I applied it the wire wooled it lighter in tone..

He's happier with the new colour even though there's not much grain..

8PUl74d.jpg

ctpGLNZ.jpg

I refinished these two Daystate Airwolfs for a chap that had tried himself but the Tru oil didn't dry, The fleece from the inside of the slips were sticking to them they were so tacky!

He got in touch with me through Flickr, He was only around four miles from me!

The tru oil that he'd applied made them go very light in colour and dulled the grain terribly!, Nitromors removed the tacky stuff but wouldn't touch whatever Custom Stocks of Sheffield had applied for protection so I had to hand rub the whole lot off!!

EFRar1u.jpg

Fully stripped..

6CCeQTe.jpg

Finished!

tiUzuOr.jpg

The fella was to give me an old rifle of his (BSA Superstar mk1), I kept him up to speed with pics by email, He was so happy to get them back with no stickyness that he gave me a bonus in the shape of a beautiful BSA Scorpion that had been boxed under his bed for 18 years!! :boogie:

The Superstar..

M0nHhpY.jpg

The Scorpion, I was going to buy one but didn't need to as this was (Is) a beauty!

3FwGoKr.jpg

qQ4VNkR.jpg

I was given this old mk2 Airsporter for the price of the postage, To say it had a hard life was a bit of an understatement!! It seemed as though it had been left propped against the barn for ten years!!!

Ua6eLfD.jpg

I rubbed the rusty action with coarse, oil laden wire wool to removed the worst of the rust- I was in shock at how good it came up!!

NPRbq8o.jpg

eJ1OnLd.jpg

After 10 mins!

PK5D10X.jpg

DKvCTTb.jpg

I was shocked at the amount of figuring in the walnut after I rubbed all the sun surface timber away!! :shok:

eW3CpAB.jpg

8DYJs2p.jpg

Cheers, John :bye:

• Like 3