When I'm umming and arring over a 6.5x55 or a 25-06, i definitely won't mention it. :angel:

What's there to ummm and errr about? Based on my extensive experience of never having shot the swede and many 25 lovers hearsay the only choice is the mighty 25! LOL

Seriously though matey, you playing with the idea of something from that part of the caliber spectrum?

.25-06 anyday over a Swede in my opinion, no contest.

• Like 1

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Read this thread from front to back and what a load of shit some talk .By stacking your cabinet full of rifles you are creating unnecessary drama .As a young keeper ,the estate rifle was a .22 hornet

Walshie, next time you want a new rifle just go buy the fecking thing and don't mention it on here ffs

I have the 527 in .17 Hornet. It has a 24" 'varmint' barrel. It is nothing like a real varmint barrel though. I once owned a Tikka T3 Varmint. It had a Jet-Z CQB sat on the end as well!!   I don't

Posted Images

When I'm umming and arring over a 6.5x55 or a 25-06, i definitely won't mention it. :angel:

What's there to ummm and errr about? Based on my extensive experience of never having shot the swede and many 25 lovers hearsay the only choice is the mighty 25! LOL

Seriously though matey, you playing with the idea of something from that part of the caliber spectrum?

Well having filled the gap between rf and 223 (once it arrives) I'll then have a massive gap between 223 and 308. I forgot you had a 25, so 6.5x55 it is then. :laugh:

Once my depleted funds have recovered a bit of course. :thumbs:

.25-06 anyday over a Swede in my opinion, no contest.

I took the advice of a friend that has owned everything from 9mm Glock to a 300 Ultra mag. But as I say certainly not in a position to give similarly authoritative advice.

Well having filled the gap between rf and 223 (once it arrives) I'll then have a massive gap between 223 and 308. I forgot you had a 25, so 6.5x55 it is then. :laugh:

Clearly you have more money than sense!

If you had any of the latter you'd f**k off everything else and let the 25 do everything from squirrel to stag! LOL

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1

Clearly you have more money than sense!

If you had any of the latter you'd f**k off everything else and let the 25 do everything from squirrel to stag! LOL

I actually have neither. :D

Love the 6.5x55 well worth a try, great caliber

I know someone who bought a 6.5x55 on the advice of an "expert", he is now sick as a chip and looking to go back to 25/06.

• Like 1

Love the 6.5x55 well worth a try, great caliber

I know someone who bought a 6.5x55 on the advice of an "expert", he is now sick as a chip and looking to go back to 25/06.

Hardly surprising is it ;)
i have had a few calibers and liked them all, however two calibers are mentioned in this post, 22 hornet and 6.5x55, these are the two calibers I love, and use most of the time, if you are ever taking a novice out, or you have a flincher at point of fire, the 6.5x55 is superb, it drops red roe or fallow as good as any caliber, and you always see the bullet strike,
  • Like 1

Not the same dealer, BUT 12 weeks (yeh right) my buddy was told 3 months for a Savage .243 11 months later it finally turned up,

and what are you going to do if yours is 'late' cancel the order and be back were you started?

A mighty pinch of salt required, whatever else the RFD is under the thumb of Edgar Brothers or even a. n. other further down the

retail chain, and can't do a thing about it.

Just be mindful, if it,s not in the rack you are at their mercy.