• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Read this thread from front to back and what a load of shit some talk .By stacking your cabinet full of rifles you are creating unnecessary drama .As a young keeper ,the estate rifle was a .22 hornet

Walshie, next time you want a new rifle just go buy the fecking thing and don't mention it on here ffs

I have the 527 in .17 Hornet. It has a 24" 'varmint' barrel. It is nothing like a real varmint barrel though. I once owned a Tikka T3 Varmint. It had a Jet-Z CQB sat on the end as well!!   I don't

Posted Images

nowt just about them ! ,thats what i had on mine ! perfect combo ,thats why the 150 zero works well ,i used to either just wait in likely spots or bait and wait (then you could get an idea of range and landmarks before hand)

Yeah, I thought 150 was a pretty good zero. At least with a 22 instead of a 17 I can spend my time working out the range rather than worrying about my lipstick. :laugh:

Lmfao haha

And 17 anything is a girl's calibre. :laugh:

I just wanted a calibre that fitted nicely between my rimfires and my 223. :thumbs:

I have thought that many times myself, I have a circa 1000ft lb gap between my WMR and .223 and you would think the likes of a Hornet may be useful.

Just the same, even though it's my business, and I get called for all manor of work, PERSONALLY I have never found the need!

:thumbs:

Edited by Deker

I'm in the same boat I have a .22lr and .22-250 and thinking a .17 Hornet will be a good in between calibre

Get a 17 and you'll be known as shropshire daniella. :laugh:

I hope your procedure goes well.

And then you get to the point where you open up the gun cabinet..................and can't decide what to take out. :hmm:;)

G

:hmm::hmm: :hmm:

Possibly, but I don't see that as a negative, more of a benefit.

For "ME", that will very rarely occur, as I most commonly survey first, just the same I have the option to take 2 or 3 just in case!

Hence why a Hornet has gone through my mind many times, and that mythical beast the 17WSM, but I've simply never had a job crop up where I saw it as the ideal, or frankly close. With the selection I have there just doesn't seem a need between WMR and .223...for me! That may seem odd to many but that is the reality, if I needed one I'd get one, its my business!

ATB!

Edited by Deker
  • Like 1

Hahaha. What's wrong with a .17 lol

It's because you don't have to sit in all night playing with boys toys instead of buying your ammo, going down the pub and playing all night with girls.

I guess you also won't get an invitation to the brown anorak Christmas Party either, ammo presses only and no girls allowed. ;)

• Like 2

Un

And then you get to the point where you open up the gun cabinet..................and can't decide what to take out. :hmm:;)

G

:hmm::hmm: :hmm:

Possibly, but I don't see that as a negative, more of a benefit.

For "ME", that will very rarely occur, as I most commonly survey first, just the same I have the option to take 2 or 3 just in case!

Hence why a Hornet has gone through my mind many times, and that mythical beast the 17WSM, but I've simply never had a job crop up where I saw it as the ideal, or frankly close. With the selection I have there just doesn't seem a need between WMR and .223...for me! That may seem odd to many but that is the reality, if I needed one I'd get one, its my business!

ATB!

Unfortunately I'm not in that position, and taking more than one rifle would mean either carrying the bleedin' things around all day or leaving them in the car.

SO!!!! ...................... I look out side and see what the weather is like, and then sit in front of my cabinet and try to decide whether to take the .22rf, the .17Hmr, the Hornet or the .243......etc.....

And then take the wrong one, because if I'm after foxes I usually see hundreds of rabbits and if I take the .22rf, I see foxes on the other side of the field........

Or.........the place is teeming with pigeon and I really should have taken the shotgun. aaaaaagggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hahaha. What's wrong with a .17 lol

It's because you don't have to sit in all night playing with boys toys instead of buying your ammo, going down the pub and playing all night with girls.

I guess you also won't get an invitation to the brown anorak Christmas Party either, ammo presses only and no girls allowed. ;)

As stated before, 22 hornet ammo is no more expensive than 17 hornet ammo and sometimes cheaper.

And everyone is invited to the Xmas party - just not you. :laugh:

And 17 anything is a girl's calibre. :laugh:

I just wanted a calibre that fitted nicely between my rimfires and my 223. :thumbs:

I have thought that many times myself, I have a circa 1000ft lb gap between my WMR and .223 and you would think the likes of a Hornet may be useful.

Just the same, even though it's my business, and I get called for all manor of work, PERSONALLY I have never found the need!

I understand that.

I have had all sorts and reloaded for them all.

Now I just have a WMR and an LR and I don't feel undergunned. In fact I feel quite liberated!

The WMR even despatched a fallow doe I found with a broken leg!

Do I miss any of my centerfire rifles?

Not really but if there is ever a temptation it is always 22H that springs to mind!

U.

As stated before, 22 hornet ammo is no more expensive than 17 hornet ammo and sometimes cheaper.

And everyone is invited to the Xmas party - just not you. :laugh:

Yeah but .22 Hornet isn't always good off the shelf as it's often chambered to be compatible with older guns at lower pressures.

As for the Christmas party, I couldn't come. I'm at the Train spotters one instead!

• Like 1