Sign in to follow this  
walshie

22 Hornet

It's not a 300 yard gun, hence the drop at that range. I shall be zeroing mine at 150. :thumbs:

Ok just after a rough idea really what about a 40 grain with 12.3 lilgun powder?

still depends on mv and bc which does or can make a big difference ! but in mine it was :

25yds---- -0.4

50--------- +0.33

75--------- +0.8

100-------- +0.9

125-------- +0.7

150-------- 0.00

175-------- -1.1

200-------- -2.7"

even at 200 (max for a hornet) still doable without needing to resort to memory to much :thumbs:

You zero at the distance that you need with the ammo you are using.

Every rifle will have a marginally different performance, but as a VERY rough guide I'd say 150 yards is useful for a Hornet, if you have rimfires to deliver below that and bigger centrefires above that!

Big generalisation just the same!

:thumbs:

• Like 2

worked for me deker ! up to 175 didnt have to think and only at 200 just a bit ,(max for a hornet though!) as you say rimmy below and something bigger above ,i used the hornet with a nv on it and generally a 223 before last light ,

Thanks mate just what I wanted to know as long as its in a crow size target from 50 yards out to 150 ish that will do me

• Like 1

Thanks mate just what I wanted to know as long as its in a crow size target from 50 yards out to 150 ish that will do me

yep thats the thinking :thumbs: even to 175 with a crow

Just out of curiosity what's the felt recoil and muzzle blast like on a .22 Hornet. I'd rather get my wife the .22 Hornet rather than the .17. She hates the .22-250 even after I've put a bug reflex mod on it lol

Cheers for that. She has her Fac for .22lr and .222 but she thinks the .222 will be similar to my .22-250 I assured her it should be a lot less than the .250 but shes certain she wants something smaller lol.

same bullet though ! mind the 222 is sweet shooting but ive always had a soft spot for the hornet " if she does have a hornet YOU will have a nice range below and above with the 22-250" ;)

That's what I was thinking mate. I really like my .22-250 and wouldn't change it for anything. But am thinking get the wife the .22 Hornet and possibly a smaller CF for myself.

• Like 1