• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Read this thread from front to back and what a load of shit some talk .By stacking your cabinet full of rifles you are creating unnecessary drama .As a young keeper ,the estate rifle was a .22 hornet

Walshie, next time you want a new rifle just go buy the fecking thing and don't mention it on here ffs

I have the 527 in .17 Hornet. It has a 24" 'varmint' barrel. It is nothing like a real varmint barrel though. I once owned a Tikka T3 Varmint. It had a Jet-Z CQB sat on the end as well!!   I don't

Posted Images

I've bitten the bullet. so to speak, and asked my RFD to order me a CZ527. Supposedly it'll be slightly quicker than 12 weeks and be the last week of May. We'll see. :thumbs:

Good man Walshie. There is hope for you yet. :thumbs:

• Like 1

I got a 527 secondhand off guntrader a few year back in pristine condition with a T4 mod, like said there a cracking little round, with minimal noise report.

Every CZ I own is really light, from the 452 american, synthetic and 527. Varmint options are much heavier, personally I don't like them.

I load my hornet with either 12.3 gr of H110 or Lil Gun.

I got a 527 secondhand off guntrader a few year back in pristine condition with a T4 mod, like said there a cracking little round, with minimal noise report.

Every CZ I own is really light, from the 452 american, synthetic and 527. Varmint options are much heavier, personally I don't like them.

I load my hornet with either 12.3 gr of H110 or Lil Gun.

I've got a 452 American and can't fault it, which is why I'm waiting for a 527 American. Never seen the point of a varmint barrel unless you're going to be doing rapid fire exercises. :laugh:

I'm getting a couple of hundred PPUs with it but I'll be reloading soon enough. What weight bullet are you using with the 12.3 gr of powder? I was thinking of going the 35gr V-max route.

f you zeroed at 100 yards what sort of drop do you get out to 150/200?

And if you zeroed at 100 what would it be a 50 yards?

I am really tempted to put a variation in but heard people say it has a bit of a loopy trajectory

Cheers

istance(yrds)Velocity(fps)/Energy(ft-lbs)

Muzzle3100/747

100 -2271/401

2001-590/197

300-1126/99

400-923/66

500-806/50

Distance(yrds)Trajectory (in)

Muzzle-1.50

100-2.80

200-0.00

300-17.10

400-61.60

500-146.70

That's off the Hornady website for the Hornady 35g vmax ammo

Cheers dan but was trying to work it out from a 100 yard zero really as most shots will be between 50 yards and 150/175 any further and I might as well use the 223

Be used as a rabbit/ crow magpie rifle really and occasional charlie