Now I've got some bits and pieces sorted out and saved up my pocket money to buy a 22 hornet, do you think I can get one anywhere?

I want a CZ527 American.

The only couple of gunshops online that actually have one in stock are asking stupid money. I asked my RFD mate to get me one and Edgar Brothers are quoting a 12 WEEK wait to get one in. I know they're a bit out of fashion, but you'd think there would be some in the country.

Now do I wait or risk buying second hand? :hmm:

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Read this thread from front to back and what a load of shit some talk .By stacking your cabinet full of rifles you are creating unnecessary drama .As a young keeper ,the estate rifle was a .22 hornet

Walshie, next time you want a new rifle just go buy the fecking thing and don't mention it on here ffs

I have the 527 in .17 Hornet. It has a 24" 'varmint' barrel. It is nothing like a real varmint barrel though. I once owned a Tikka T3 Varmint. It had a Jet-Z CQB sat on the end as well!!   I don't

Posted Images

It's nuts how hard it is to get hold of a hornet, a perfect round for Britain. From rabbits to fox, perfect.

Only buy second hand if you have checked the bore for yourself.

They are notorious for condensation!

U.

• Like 1

http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/cz-527-american-s-c-22-hornet

Can save £70 with the Lux version.

I'm not surprised as the Lux looks like an elephant gun. And they don't have an american in stock,

do you know what your looking for ? has it got to be a cz/brno as i think a mate(rfd) had an anshutz in a while back ,from what i remember it looked quite tidy

Cheers for that, but I think I've decided on a CZ527. :thumbs:

The trouble with a CZ is that they are bloody heavy (well heavy for me) My .17Hmr is heavier than my .308 with a laminated stock. I have an old BSA .22Hornet that was made in the 50s and the bore is now like crazy paving. The only reason I keep it is because it's a beautiful old girl and I can't bear the get rid if her.

I take her out a couple of times a year maybe and just shoot a few rounds through her, and if she groups into 3 inches at 100yds....................I'm happy.

Wouldn't dream of taking a fox at that range but if one came within 50yds.....................................

G

The trouble with a CZ is that they are bloody heavy (well heavy for me) My .17Hmr is heavier than my .308 with a laminated stock. I have an old BSA .22Hornet that was made in the 50s and the bore is now like crazy paving. The only reason I keep it is because it's a beautiful old girl and I can't bear the get rid if her.

I take her out a couple of times a year maybe and just shoot a few rounds through her, and if she groups into 3 inches at 100yds....................I'm happy.

Wouldn't dream of taking a fox at that range but if one came within 50yds.....................................

G

CZ 527 American (Hornet) 2.7kg.

I'm not suggesting CZ are Lite, but I struggle to see that as bloody heavy!

:thumbs:

Edited by Deker
  • Like 1

G

Yes I know that the .17Hmr is heavy due to that solid lump of steel with a tiny hole up the middle but my American has a very heavy stock as well.

post-72809-0-90231800-1461574574_thumb.jpg

And the lad at the club has a CZ550 in .243 and that weighs a ton. I don't buy a gun intentionally by weight, but if I pick up a rifle that feels too heavy I tend to pass on it.

But then again I am a decrepit old sod these days, as you can see by the lovely little bitch that replaced my Lab.

G

G

Yes I know that the .17Hmr is heavy due to that solid lump of steel with a tiny hole up the middle but my American has a very heavy stock as well.

CZ 452 4.JPG

And the lad at the club has a CZ550 in .243 and that weighs a ton. I don't buy a gun intentionally by weight, but if I pick up a rifle that feels too heavy I tend to pass on it.

But then again I am a decrepit old sod these days, as you can see by the lovely little bitch that replaced my Lab.

G

Fully understand, I choose light over heavy myself.

U.

G

CZ 452 4.JPG

G

Fully understand, I choose light over heavy myself.

U.

x2

I don't see any use personally for Heavy for field work, just a little surprised to see The trouble with a CZ is that they are bloody heavy ??????

http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/cz-527-american-s-c-22-hornet

Can save £70 with the Lux version.

I'm not surprised as the Lux looks like an elephant gun. And they don't have an american in stock,

do you know what your looking for ? has it got to be a cz/brno as i think a mate(rfd) had an anshutz in a while back ,from what i remember it looked quite tidy

Cheers for that, but I think I've decided on a CZ527. :thumbs:

no probs good luck with your search , i had an old brno 465 for years and that was really light and shot well ,"just a thought on similar lines"

• Like 1

It must be a "ME" thing because the CZ .243 at the club was a hell of a weight. My .17 is also heavy and with a heavy bit of wood. So overall a heavy rifle and a little unbalanced although I blame that on the barrel which makes it front heavy.

The LUX with the hogs back comb in .22rf is nice and light though, but that 550 was like picking up a match rifle which was why I went for the Tikka T3 Hunter.

G

Edited by Graham M