61 replies to this topic

#1 THE STALKER

THE STALKER

Mr Clumsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 02:03 pm

DONT  leave your guns or ammo in your car i left a few rounds in my Truck had my Truck broken into and bullets went, today the Police have taken all my guns it dosen't pay to be honest

• jok likes this

#2 air gun ant

air gun ant

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 02:08 pm

That is shit mate, I was wondering why you might of lost your guns when I read the other thread. Have the indicated if you will be able to get them back at any time? The thriving b*****ds are just scum and probably don't realise the lasting effects of what they have done!
  • forest of dean redneck likes this

#3 air gun ant

air gun ant

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 02:11 pm

What about scragoak? Could he of said they were his and be ok with the 72hrs out of the cabinet rule? Not suggesting any dishonesty obviously

#4 Fieldsporthunter

Fieldsporthunter

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 2,091 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 02:11 pm

Ffs, what a nightmare. Makes you wonder who the biggest c#nts.
Hope you get sorted. Atb

#5 Born Hunter

Born Hunter

Quantum Reality Hunter

• Members
  • 10,453 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 02:32 pm

I presume their reasoning is that they should have been locked away in your cabinet seeing as the vehicle was parked at your home? It'd be totally unreasonable to expect you to not leave firearms or bullets in a locked vehicle away from your home in the course of using them surely!

Even so, it's total bollocks imo. Firearms laws in this country are excessively illiberal and driven almost entirely by irrational fears of security threats.

Edited by Born Hunter, 14 April 2016 - 02:45 pm.

#6 whippet 99

whippet 99

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 6,480 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 02:46 pm

lol what you think they were going too do , unreal

police want any excuse too take away fire arms , was only talking too inspecter other day , shooter last season had his car broke into , whaen he called police and having a statement he said good job they didnt take his shot gun on the back seat, boom bye bye guns ,..........they took the lot off of him .

the police have every right too conviscate any fire arm too there discreation and that is being careless

if you have ammo and guns in knacker truck they should be contained safely

like they say easy too get certificate but harder too keep them

#7 THE STALKER

THE STALKER

Mr Clumsy

• Members
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 03:09 pm

they were put in the Truck for an early start in the morning and as my safe is up stairs i didnt want to go banging about in the morning and wake Geoff wife up. the Truck was locked alarmed and pulled up outside my Bungalow another car was also locked and alarmed but some how they got into both without setting off alarms.I was foolish as it turns out to be honest with the old bill by telling them i left a few bullets out of sight in what i thought was a secure position .i am twice the Victim once with £1000 s of gear stolen and again by telling the truth.

Edited by THE STALKER, 16 April 2016 - 08:45 pm.

#8 Born Hunter

Born Hunter

Quantum Reality Hunter

• Members
  • 10,453 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 03:20 pm

they were put in the Truck for an early start in the morning and as my safe is up stairs i didnt want to go banging about in the morning and wake Geoff wife up. the Truck was locked alarmed and pulled up outside my Bungalow another car was also locked and alarmed but some how they got into both without setting off alarms.I was foolish as it turns out to be honest with the old bill by telling them i left a few bullets out of sight in what i thought was a secure position. i am twice the Victim once with £1000 s of gear stolen and again by telling the truth.

Might be worth having a read of this;

https://www.gov.uk/g...ty-handbook.pdf

I don't think it comments specifically on your situation. But you could argue you took reasonable precautions based on your specific circumstances and that this was not an act of negligence (as shown by the safety precautions you took) but a misinterpretation of the guidance.

Edited by walshie, 16 April 2016 - 08:55 pm.

#9 air gun ant

air gun ant

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 03:53 pm

they were put in the Truck for an early start in the morning and as my safe is up stairs i didnt want to go banging about in the morning and wake Geoff wife up. the Truck was locked alarmed and pulled up outside my Bungalow another car was also locked and alarmed but some how they got into both without setting off alarms.I was foolish as it turns out to be honest with the old bill by telling them i left a few bullets out of sight in what i thought was a secure position..i am twice the Victim once with £1000 s of gear stolen and again by telling the truth.

i feel for you mate, you did what you felt was right by telling the truth and it bit you in the arse. I was once a witness to a crime and was asked to attend court to give evidence, I agreed but the court date kept getting moved or cancelled etc I had just started a new job and had to book a day off in my first week to attend court, and when we got a phone call saying it was cancelled again I went to work. The next thing I no and there is a warrant out for my arrest and I spent the night and most of the next day in the cells before being bundled in to a prison van and hauled up in front of the judge at Preston crown court being done for contempt! I was released pending investigation into the phone called and turfed out in the middle of Preston with no cash and no way home, so I had to jump the train lol never heard anything more about it until I read in the paper that the lad I was to give evidence against had killed 2 people and beaten and stabbed his girlfriend to within an inch of her life. That was the last time I ever try helping the coppers out!

#10 sussex

sussex

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:46 pm

If the police spend as much time chasing the villains as they do the victims things might improve ...trouble is your a lot easier statistic than the thieves ....hope it comes good for you Owen ..
  • foxdropper and as88 like this

#11 as88

as88

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 05:07 pm

If the police spend as much time chasing the villains as they do the victims things might improve ...trouble is your a lot easier statistic than the thieves ....hope it comes good for you Owen ..

I stopped off at services last night for a mcdonalds after work, 10 police cars in the car park all inside having a chin wag pair of junkeys collared me getin into van asking if i wanted to buy a bike off them. Police where more interested in there big macs :censored:

#12 Graham M

Graham M

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 05:12 pm

DONT  leave your guns or ammo in your car i left a few rounds in my Truck had my Truck broken into and bullets went, today the Police have taken all my guns it dosen't pay to be honest

Unfortunately you don't have a leg top stand on because the law states that when your guns/ammo are not in use they MUST be secured in your cabinet. I really do appreciate that you had just left a few rounds in the car, but that's all they need to screw you. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I honestly wouldn't have said anything about the stolen ammo if it had been me. The trouble is you were honest with them and as the saying goes "No good deed goes unpunished".

I really do hope your shooting organisation can get your guns back for you though, as it does seem very harsh that you should be a victim of both a scum-bag and the police.

In the late 90s I took my car in for a service and when I went to pick it up they had placed my shotgun cartridge belt, with 25 cartridges in it, on the front seat. I had forgotten that I had left it in the boot. As the law is different for shotgun shells it probably wouldn't have made any difference had they called the police. As it was they didn't even mention it, but it just shows how easy it is to slip up.  

We are in for a rough time in the future as the powers-that-be look for every way possible to revoke and confiscate.

G

#13 THE STALKER

THE STALKER

Mr Clumsy

• Members
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 05:15 pm

Well i have had my Guns confiscated now and i have to go to crown court and try to get them back if i lose i have lost everything and guns will either be sold or destroyed,

#14 David.evans

David.evans

4 warning points

• Donator
  • 3,802 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 05:41 pm

Really don't know what to say mate , except all the best of luck for the future
It's a hard pill to take !
Atb
Dave

#15 jok

jok

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 05:52 pm

Took my 4x4 for mot. Phoned and was told my vehicle had been stolen from garage. Advised police and explained that there were bullets in the car. Result. Car found by helicopter within 3 hours. Downside. Court hearing and the Chief Constable giving me a right bollocking and not to let it happen again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users