Getting There With N133 Recipe

No I haven't. I don't want to drive myself nuts and what I use at the moment does exactly what I need in the field.

That'll do then! Just playing with loads for my 22 Hornet now. 12.4gr of Lil Gun behind a 35gr V-Max seems to do the job

Still waiting for my hornet to arrive. I'd be interested to hear a few decent hornet loads as I intend to use v-max after the ppus run out.

Aye, me too. I'm still experimenting yet but I've tried 35gr V-Max and 40gr Nosler Ballistic Tips. So far the V-Max have come out on top at 50M.

The problem with the CZ is that the mag size is quite small so you're limited to a cartridge length of around 1.730"

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just started venturing into the reloading and after researching & speaking to various others I think I may have got the right load for my needs.... Tikka T3X .223 1.12 twist.  25 grn Vihtavuori N140,  Nosler 55 grn ballistic tip Varmint heads. Lapua brass.  4 round group aiming at & hitting the pin that was holding the board on @ 100 mtrs....... FOX BEWARE !  

20171029_131524.jpg

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Sound Moderator said:

Just started venturing into the reloading and after researching & speaking to various others I think I may have got the right load for my needs.... Tikka T3X .223 1.12 twist.  25 grn Vihtavuori N140,  Nosler 55 grn ballistic tip Varmint heads. Lapua brass.  4 round group aiming at & hitting the pin that was holding the board on @ 100 mtrs....... FOX BEWARE !  

20171029_131524.jpg

Nice group, any reason for using N140 over N130,N133, etc

• 2 weeks later...

Walshie,

I have a Remington .223 varmint barrelled and the load I use is Vit 133, 26.0 grains with a 40 grain Vmax,  pushing 3700 ft/sec it is a very reliable load after much testing. I have shot foxes at 230 yds without too much trouble - zero at 150 .  MINUS 1" at 200 -4" at 300 works for me and its not scarily hot.

You might want to try it. groups at 2" off sticks in the field.

Cheers and thanks for the other help.

9 minutes ago, KES2 said:

Walshie,

I have a Remington .223 varmint barrelled and the load I use is Vit 133, 26.0 grains with a 40 grain Vmax,  pushing 3700 ft/sec it is a very reliable load after much testing. I have shot foxes at 230 yds without too much trouble - zero at 150 .  MINUS 1" at 200 -4" at 300 works for me and its not scarily hot.

You might want to try it. groups at 2" off sticks in the field.

Cheers and thanks for the other help.

Thanks. I've tried a lot of different loads since I posted this topic and I keep coming back to 24.0gr N133 with a 53gr v-max. I've no idea what ft/sec it's running at but it's by far the most accurate in my gun and kills them stone dead. :thumbs: