Red Letter Day

Decided to go fly fishing today, so headed 2 hours to a fishery I've just started fishing and enjoying it. Decided to try a different lake today as last week was hammered by washed out rainbows that had only just been stocked. Started slow but then found a fly that was getting a lot of interest for me so persevered and then started catching.

Had a cast along the margins maybe 3ft out and hooked into a monster rainbow, gave an account of himself before rolling over my net at a healthy 15lb, my previous pb was 9lb so was over the moon. Went the shop and bought myself a drink as it was starting to heat up, headed back to my peg and literally my first cast since the 15, I hooked into a 12.5lber which have an excellent fight, better than the other fish. Both in the margins one after the other. Had 12 fish altogether with my mate having 16.

Another nice note was that I had my first tiger at 4.5lb so a memorable day for me...

• Like 3

Jesus! What a day, not being funny but is it quite an easy fishery? I've only ever been to a couple and I still struggle! Lol think the most I've cought at a fishery is 4 /5 maybe? And they had just been stocked lol I've done better on the rivers and lakes but nothing over 2lbs

Jesus! What a day, not being funny but is it quite an easy fishery? I've only ever been to a couple and I still struggle! Lol think the most I've cought at a fishery is 4 /5 maybe? And they had just been stocked lol I've done better on the rivers and lakes but nothing over 2lbs

Apart from us two everyone else had between 2&6 fish, it's my first double out of there and it can be quite challenging as the fish seem shy to take flies. They seem to nip at the tail ends of flies. We caught so much as when we had this problem last week, the first thing I done was buy snake flies when I got home which helped out a lot ??

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Went back to the fishery today, was hard going, most blanked, I managed four.

Last cast I had as I was lifting out out of water, no follow, checked behind to make sure no one there so could cast and as I lifter it went solid. Resulted in a pb brown of 11lb 12oz, also had a very large perch on fly that was releasing its eggs into my net got it back in as quick as I could so no pic.

DA2A6586-2E23-45D6-B8D4-005B438ABFEC_zps

• Like 3