Pianomans Stock Referb

That stock is looking..... :icon_eek::huh:

.I'm running out of superlatives for what you are accomplishing here Jimmy.

That is beautiful to look at. Professional, really smart. Beautiful. Who would have thought a plain Beechwood stock could be so transformed into this lovely looking classic. :cray:

Just magic. Pure magic. .

• Like 2

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WELL....   Jimmy BigMac97KT and Nicola have just left us this morning to get home to Newcastle for a family function. It's been an absolute honour and a pleasure to have them stay with us. We had a

That's looking amazing now Jimmy. Just as I like a stock to be. Not too light, but not too dark with rich browns in the tones. Lovely! To be honest, I think this may turn out better than the stock wa

Back safe and sound Simon ,We had a good time mate and looking forward to getting back down and getting on one of your perms just a pity the weather was not good this time .   Lads he calls me a gen

Posted Images

Simon i just wish i could get some good photos of her but the photos are not coming out with the way she dose look

there not picking up the shine that she has

Ill keep trying to get a good photo of her but she is drying now so it will have to be tomorrow lol

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

Jimmy these pics are doing fine by me mate honestly. :victory:

I'm just looking at my HW80 in her reserve stock I'm using while her original is undergoing restoration with you.

She's what some here would call a 'Musket'. With her Webley Venom SlimTech silencer she has a 21.3/4 inch barrel and that's the barrel length proper from the end of the breechblock to the muzzle-tip. And about 51 inches in total length. She's not everyone's cup of tea if they are Carbine lovers but to me, she is a mansize rifle and not for the faint hearted or the lightly-built smaller chap. Very Politically incorrect in her proportions. She's long, slim, unsophisticated and straight to the point when it comes to shooting vermin.

I've often thought about treating her to a nice walnut CUSTOM STOCK CS500 Sporter. But seeing what you are bringing out here, this is what she needed all along. Just someone with the patience and skill to restore her original stock. Not just good as new, but better than new!

I tell you Gentlemen, anyone looking to get into shooting on a budget would be :censored: MAD to overlook a second hand HW80 break barrel for the price of new Chinese rifle money. Probably even less than that now.

Gotta be one of the finest workhorse vermin-stopping, value-for-money air rifles in the world. 18 years old and still every bit as good as the day she was brand new.

Bring your camera down when you come here with the stock Jimmy and we'll show some pics of what this rifle is all about :icon_eek::toast::yes:

HW80, HW77, HW98K You cannot go wrong with any of these beautiful spring powered masterpieces.

I :censored: LOVE em!

• Like 3

Jimmy these pics are doing fine by me mate honestly. :victory:

I'm just looking at my HW80 in her reserve stock I'm using while her original is undergoing restoration with you.

She's what some here would call a 'Musket'. With her Webley Venom SlimTech silencer she has a 21.3/4 inch barrel and that's the barrel length proper from the end of the breechblock to the muzzle-tip. And about 51 inches in total length. She's not everyone's cup of tea if they are Carbine lovers but to me, she is a mansize rifle and not for the faint hearted or the lightly-built smaller chap. Very Politically incorrect in her proportions. She's long, slim, unsophisticated and straight to the point when it comes to shooting vermin.

I've often thought about treating her to a nice walnut CUSTOM STOCK CS500 Sporter. But seeing what you are bringing out here, this is what she needed all along. Just someone with the patience and skill to restore her original stock. Not just good as new, but better than new!

I tell you Gentlemen, anyone looking to get into shooting on a budget would be :censored: MAD to overlook a second hand HW80 break barrel for the price of new Chinese rifle money. Probably even less than that now.

Gotta be one of the finest workhorse vermin-stopping, value-for-money air rifles in the world. 18 years old and still every bit as good as the day she was brand new.

Bring your camera down when you come here with the stock Jimmy and we'll show some pics of what this rifle is all about :icon_eek::toast::yes:

HW80, HW77, HW98K You cannot go wrong with any of these beautiful spring powered masterpieces.

I :censored: LOVE em!

Simon im not a carbine lover my self and most of my rifles have been full length rifles i love a long rifle you just need to look at my past rifles to sus that lol

and thanks for all your kind words mate .

iv just finished Richie,s stock and it looks well

Yours is coming along mate and the way she looks now may not need to many coats of oil after all

she still has that old look about her and still has a few scratches i could not get out as they were to deep but i have smoothed them out so you cant feel them as say,d she has that old new look about her ,

Iv fallen head over heels for this bit of wood and would be proud to have it fitted to any of my rifles if i could

She looks new but used if you know what i mean .

I could of made her look brand new BUT i think that would of taken her soul away and her past history so i left some of the past still in her my friend hope you dont mind

You will see what i mean when i bring her down when finished

She has a second hand dress and not a brand new one :yes:

• Like 2

Gentlemen.

Just take a look at these photographs. If this isn't bespoke quality craftsman refurbishing on show here then, I cannot comprehend or fathom out what is! This is exhibition grade gunstock finishing surely.

Jimmy I don't have the words to adequately express my appreciation or gratitude but we'll have a weekend of good food, beers and shooting when you come down with your dear wife to stay with us.

You should be working at Purdy or Holland & Holland on bespoke restorations of customers' prized gunstocks with this standard of craftsmanship and finishing.

I'm just in awe of skills like this!

Simon

• Like 2

I tort my self how to do this Simon and ill tell you why

MONEY

I did not have the money to pay some one to do this kind of work for me so set about doing it my self i watched loads of vids on how to do this ,

And fare enough the first few stocks did not turn out the way i wanted them to but as they were my own it did not mater

But i had Viz to keep me right and i even took some of leeviews(sorry Lee i no we got off on the wrong foot mate) points on Bord and set about doing some more

and as Viz say,d to me and its right IF YOUR GOING TO DO SOME THING DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME

slowly, slowly catch the monkey

Iv done some stunning stocks that were old plane Jane's and turned them round to look totally different you just have to look at the hw100 and that old smk to see that and of course Richie's old rapid stock

And now yours .

I had to take last night off from the stocks as iv been coming in from work and starting on the stocks and not getting finished until late in the night even getting up at 3 so i could get back at them before i went to work so i only had a few hours on them last night not so much yours as it was drying any way .

Iv put a lot of hard work into them and it shows both are stunning

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 2

That's incredible hard work Jimmy but be careful how you burn the midnight oil bonnie lad. :hmm: It's not a race to beat a deadline with these things. And you need your wits about you at work. I get this way with my paintings but, I'm the boss here and can dictate my hours and rest-time off. But you have to rest when you can. :yes:

It's all a mattter of being time-poor with me. I'd love to switch off work and devote time to learning how to do this myself. I'd love to be able to make an elegantly classical riflestock for my spring rifles too. Especially a full-length Stutzen stock for my HW77 .22 But I just don't have that luxury. If I don't work at my day/night job, we don't get paid, we don't eat and live in the nice place we have.

• Like 1

Mac, that is bloody amazing I can't believe it. It's the nicest re finish job iv ever seen and looks like it's a stock from a best London gun maker! Would be nice to see a pic with it fitted to the action. I would be really proud of that job! Stunning.

• Like 2

Mac, that is bloody amazing I can't believe it. It's the nicest re finish job iv ever seen and looks like it's a stock from a best London gun maker! Would be nice to see a pic with it fitted to the action. I would be really proud of that job! Stunning.

Iv got to put another few coats on her yet Tom

here are some of her in the sun light lol

have a look at photo 2 and 4 the pattern off the towel is reflecting in the stock

post-63400-0-22156900-1461080414.jpg

post-63400-0-04711200-1461080425.jpg

post-63400-0-88874900-1461080437.jpg

post-63400-0-24273200-1461080450.jpg

post-63400-0-94281500-1461080458.jpg

post-63400-0-73876900-1461080469.jpg

post-63400-0-75672000-1461080480.jpg

post-63400-0-20891000-1461080490.jpg

• Like 3

Mac were the last pics taken today?

if they were then it shows the grain in proper day light ( sun shine)

youve done a cracking job there my friend

Out of likes lads

Yes they were DJ she is coming on now bud