Pianomans Stock Referb

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WELL....   Jimmy BigMac97KT and Nicola have just left us this morning to get home to Newcastle for a family function. It's been an absolute honour and a pleasure to have them stay with us. We had a

That's looking amazing now Jimmy. Just as I like a stock to be. Not too light, but not too dark with rich browns in the tones. Lovely! To be honest, I think this may turn out better than the stock wa

Back safe and sound Simon ,We had a good time mate and looking forward to getting back down and getting on one of your perms just a pity the weather was not good this time .   Lads he calls me a gen

Posted Images

Cracking job there pal, quick question bud, will you use the true oil stock sheen when its finished? I think the stuff is fantastic, a good rub over, rubbed in nice and hard, takes the brand new shiny look that the true oil gives, and makes it look even more classy,forgive me if you already use the product Mac, just something I have found to add that last finishing touch, well done for all the hard work mate,sure Simon will be over the moon with it.

• Like 2

I'm already over the moon with it Charlie. :victory: I know we all love a swirl of grain in a walnut stock. But look how beautiful my lovely old beechwood stock has risen through the process. It's got some lovely features in its pattern. There were two major dings that I had tried to iron out that Jimmy has now completely erased and smoothed out. If there are any scratches left, I'm having a job seeing them. All I see is Exhibition grade Best Beechwood.

To say I'm highly delighted is an understatement!

• Like 1

Cracking job there pal, quick question bud, will you use the true oil stock sheen when its finished? I think the stuff is fantastic, a good rub over, rubbed in nice and hard, takes the brand new shiny look that the true oil gives, and makes it look even more classy,forgive me if you already use the product Mac, just something I have found to add that last finishing touch, well done for all the hard work mate,sure Simon will be over the moon with it.

No i dont CC im using g3 rubbing compound to smooth her out after her last coat of true oil and polished with bee,s wax

all by hand i don't use sanders or any thing like that ,

There is some thing about doing it all by hand

plus its all to easy to make a mistake with machinery

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

post-63400-0-33228300-1461148105.jpg

post-63400-0-06442200-1461148113.jpg

post-63400-0-18331600-1461148121.jpg

You have me thinking now cc iv used Birchwood casey products all the way through this referb so im going to scrap the g3 and get some of the stock sheen you have suggested ,

• Like 1

Ye it works great Mac, and a little bit goes a long way,I give it one thin coat, buff it, then another a couple of hours later, think you will like it :thumbs:

Is it the stock sheen and conditioner is that the one i need CC

• Like 1