Pianomans Stock Referb

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WELL....   Jimmy BigMac97KT and Nicola have just left us this morning to get home to Newcastle for a family function. It's been an absolute honour and a pleasure to have them stay with us. We had a

That's looking amazing now Jimmy. Just as I like a stock to be. Not too light, but not too dark with rich browns in the tones. Lovely! To be honest, I think this may turn out better than the stock wa

Back safe and sound Simon ,We had a good time mate and looking forward to getting back down and getting on one of your perms just a pity the weather was not good this time .   Lads he calls me a gen

Posted Images

Mac & Simon,

I simply can't wait to see it refitted with the action! Must be the ultimate FAC springer :toast:

Really enjoyed the photo-series from start to finish Mac, A real Master piece :victory:

Cheers RB i was getting a bit worry,d about putting to many photos on lol

but wanted to keep Simon updated on her progress

I may get around to doing a vid of them one day

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

Be sure to take a box of mansize tissues and allow him a couple of minutes with them and his stock. I felt like I was there with him in his stories early on in this thread. To see the progress made, I'd say wow but I don't think that does it justice. Outstanding work. It's like taking old sepia photo's of your parents as kids and then having someone reproduce them in full HD colour on a 50" TV. Just takes your breath away.

• Like 2

Be sure to take a box of mansize tissues and allow him a couple of minutes with them and his stock. I felt like I was there with him in his stories early on in this thread. To see the progress made, I'd say wow but I don't think that does it justice. Outstanding work. It's like taking old sepia photo's of your parents as kids and then having someone reproduce them in full HD colour on a 50" TV. Just takes your breath away.

Hear when did you get the photo of my wife for your avatar :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Feck she gets about a bit dose my wife

Just ask Mark Williams

Cheers for all the comments lads .

Richie has just been and picked up his rapid stock and is over the moon with it

and iv even got a invite out shooting for a day top class

When do you think you'll have it back Mac? Keep pullin' ma plonker over thinking about it back together :)

Iv still got a few coats to put on her and it takes 24 hours a coat to dry

Then iv got to rub her with rubbing compound to smooth her out then buff to a high gloss finish yet

it will be not this week end but next i think Im looking forward to getting her back together my self REZ

and some shooting with the master of spring rifles him self PIANOMAN :yes:

• Like 1

Does your Mrs disappear for the weekend? That pic is my Mrs. Maybe we're sharing and didn't know it hah. It's a picture I took in the Houston Museum of Natural Science in Texas. Supposedly a species that cohabited the earth alongside early humans.

Must be twins then lol :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

out of likes at the moment so a thumbs up will have to do for now :thumbs: for all of you :D

• Like 1

Mac & Simon,

I simply can't wait to see it refitted with the action! Must be the ultimate FAC springer :toast:

Really enjoyed the photo-series from start to finish Mac, A real Master piece :victory:

When do you think you'll have it back Mac? Keep pullin' ma plonker over thinking about it back together :)

Iv still got a few coats to put on her and it takes 24 hours a coat to dry

Then iv got to rub her with rubbing compound to smooth her out then buff to a high gloss finish yet

it will be not this week end but next i think Im looking forward to getting her back together my self REZ

and some shooting with the master of spring rifles him self PIANOMAN :yes:

This is quite probably one of the finest FAC HW80 .22 rifles in existance Ratbuster. Hand on heart, this rifle is absolutely fantastic to shoot and hunt with. It was bought in 1998 and tuned by a real master gunsmith when I got my FAC sorted for it. He told me then it was the best example of the '80 he'd ever seen...And he's been dealing in Weihrauch air rifles as a gunshop RFD since the 1970s and tuning HW80s since they brought the HW80 model over here, out in about 1984.

It's been serviced and fettled and polished since, by a good pal of mine who really knows his Weihrauch from his Gamo when it comes to spring rifles and he just was blown away how well made and finished it was inside. Only a little polishing work to do by comparison to others he's worked on as a gunsmith himself. But much of that was down to the man who set her up originally.

Now Mac is doing all this beautiful work to the stock. It's going to be as smooth as glass and will look...well my God, as incredibly lovely as it performs.

I don't exactly have the best of luck in my life but, I've really dropped on a gem of a rifle here. And the kindness of someone who, to me, is a giant among other men. Our Jimmy here.

He's helped lads out with kit he's given them. Shared his knowledge and expertise freely. Got his grandson into shooting with proper know how and quality kit. Shared his permissions, Doing all this fantastic work on my stock for me, as well as Ritchie's here... You tell me of a better example of a human being here among us because I'd like to see who that could be.

Seriously. I can only look up to this man for the kindness and generous spirit he brings to this life of ours. We are a poor species without such lads among us.

It'll be a gracing of my house and a most treasured and cherished rifle when you bring the stock down and stay a weekend with us Jimmy. I hope my hospitality does you proper in return.

Simon and Helen.

• Like 4

Great words for a great man ! What goes around comes around Simon. It's obvious that the GOOD deeds of Jimmy are praised by a lot of people on this forum :thumbs:

I would say: Bigmac for Prime Minister ! :victory::D (although he then won't have time to refurbish all those lovely stocks..... )

• Like 3