Pianomans Stock Referb

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WELL....   Jimmy BigMac97KT and Nicola have just left us this morning to get home to Newcastle for a family function. It's been an absolute honour and a pleasure to have them stay with us. We had a

That's looking amazing now Jimmy. Just as I like a stock to be. Not too light, but not too dark with rich browns in the tones. Lovely! To be honest, I think this may turn out better than the stock wa

Back safe and sound Simon ,We had a good time mate and looking forward to getting back down and getting on one of your perms just a pity the weather was not good this time .   Lads he calls me a gen

Posted Images

stunning. it will be the best looking 80 in england :laugh: I just got a hw99 imp and the stock on that is no where near the league of the older HW,s

Tom i keep saying it but she is stunning

FECK IT

SHE IS STUNNING :laugh:;)

The only thing i regret about this stock is

THAT SHE IS NOT MINE :cray::laugh::cray:

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

This is exactly what this stock has needed for years. The care and craft of a craftsman restorer to revive that beautiful cut of beech. :blink::cray: . When the rifle is replaced into this stock it has to be one of the most beautiful examples of the classic HW80 .22 rifle there is.. Like a concourse example of a classic.. :hmm: Is there any wonder why I vow this rifle will never be sold on?!

I'm going to continue shooting with her, she's way too good to stick in the cabinet and take out occasionally. I'm just not going to take her out in any more downpours of rain and wet fields like I used to. Besides the rabbits here in my part of Lincolnshire don't seem to like coming out in all weathers as their relatives in west Yorkshire seemed to do.

If you think the stock is stunning Jimmy, wait till you see how stunning she shoots her preferred H&N FIELD TARGET TROPHY 5.53mm.. Groups her shots into a 10p sized disc at 30 metres from prone position. A hit anywhere on a rabbit's head or forequarters and it's dead instantly. I shot six with it the night before and it seemed to really snap the head and neck back when it hit them. Hits with a wopping great THWACK! That's how an air rifle should do the job! I'm currently experimenting with her trigger to see if I can get more out her accuracy potential. The problem seems to be, that a certain inconsistency in the H&N ammo is shown up by a rifle this accurate. Some of these pellets are snug and fine, but a few others are a loose fit in the breech. They hit lower off zero than the snug-fitting ones do.

By the time you come down Jimmy with the stock I'll have her set up to an absolute superb performance than she's ever been before. :icon_eek::thumbs:

I can't thank you properly enough for what you've done for me here. But thank you dear pal :drinks:

Simon

• Like 1

This is exactly what this stock has needed for years. The care and craft of a craftsman restorer to revive that beautiful cut of beech. :blink::cray: . When the rifle is replaced into this stock it has to be one of the most beautiful examples of the classic HW80 .22 rifle there is.. Like a concourse example of a classic.. :hmm: Is there any wonder why I vow this rifle will never be sold on?!

I'm going to continue shooting with her, she's way too good to stick in the cabinet and take out occasionally. I'm just not going to take her out in any more downpours of rain and wet fields like I used to. Besides the rabbits here in my part of Lincolnshire don't seem to like coming out in all weathers as their relatives in west Yorkshire seemed to do.

If you think the stock is stunning Jimmy, wait till you see how stunning she shoots her preferred H&N FIELD TARGET TROPHY 5.53mm.. Groups her shots into a 10p sized disc at 30 metres from prone position. A hit anywhere on a rabbit's head or forequarters and it's dead instantly. I shot six with it the night before and it seemed to really snap the head and neck back when it hit them. Hits with a wopping great THWACK! That's how an air rifle should do the job! I'm currently experimenting with her trigger to see if I can get more out her accuracy potential. The problem seems to be, that a certain inconsistency in the H&N ammo is shown up by a rifle this accurate. Some of these pellets are snug and fine, but a few others are a loose fit in the breech. They hit lower off zero than the snug-fitting ones do.

By the time you come down Jimmy with the stock I'll have her set up to an absolute superb performance than she's ever been before. :icon_eek::thumbs:

I can't thank you properly enough for what you've done for me here. But thank you dear pal :drinks:

Simon

Looking forward to meeting you both

just got to buff her now simon then she is ready to be reunited with her action

she has her new dress. now she just needs the bling to finish her off

Simon her first buff with the bees wax

iv had to stand the stock up and take the photo from an angle so you can see the shine on her

as the photos are not doing her justice

post-63400-0-06450200-1461345473_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-09792400-1461345482_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-23308600-1461345494_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-05347900-1461345503_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Superb Mac, - "simply, superb"

Hope you wont mind giving advice mate, as you are sure to get some questions after this beautiful restoration.

Well done mate, I`m looking forward to the stock, action reunion pictures very much.

atb.

• Like 1

It's far too good a rifle to hang on the wall in retirement Michael. But, funny enough, I've thought about that when it cannot perform as well as it currently does. But it's so well made this HW80, it will probably outlive me. :yes: ....

....Then it can be buried with me!

At least, I have a spare Left handed HW80 stock it's currently being used with, while Mac finishes off the work on her original and I'm out shooting with her still.

But looking at what mac has accomplished here, I'm going to spend a lot of time just holding her and looking at her! :icon_redface::blink:

• Like 1

It's far too good a rifle to hang on the wall in retirement Michael. But, funny enough, I've thought about that when it cannot perform as well as it currently does. But it's so well made this HW80, it will probably outlive me. :yes: ....

....Then it can be buried with me!

At least, I have a spare Left handed HW80 stock it's currently being used with, while Mac finishes off the work on her original and I'm out shooting with her still.

But looking at what mac has accomplished here, I'm going to spend a lot of time just holding her and looking at her! :icon_redface::blink:

And ill dig you to get my hands on that hw80 lol :laugh:

she is looking good Simon

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

Nearly there lads ,just put the new stock pad on her for Simon

just a little bit more shaping to do to the pad plate but what do you lot think lol

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Now that's what you call a PROPER stock refurb.

Got to be the best lookin 80 out there let alone for its age pal. Amazing gold flecks coming through.

I'm looking forward to the reunion with her action???

• Like 2