#1 danebrewer10

danebrewer10

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 06:21 pm

Hi all,  

I'm thinking quite hard about making the step to using an LED lamp on my 17 HMR for lamping. i have been looking at the night master 800 lamp, adjustable mount and extension tube for greater run time. The clulite lamps look like very good value, but I'm not a fan of their mounting system (not that I have any personal experience of them). One of the major gripes with my current set up, a lightforce 170 scope mounted unit (apart from humping the battery about in a rucksack) is that the lamp gets in the way. I end up knocking it when I sling and unsling the rifle, I knock it out of alignment and it generally makes life a bit more difficult than it should be plus if anything hard rubs over the surface of the lamp, the plastic is quite noisy. Thus, I'm looking for something with a variable beam (not overly important), low profile, secure mount, good run time and a strong beam. Anyone got any experience?

thanks a lot

D

#2 Rabid

Rabid

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 06:30 pm

Hi all,  
I'm thinking quite hard about making the step to using an LED lamp on my 17 HMR for lamping. i have been looking at the night master 800 lamp, adjustable mount and extension tube for greater run time. The clulite lamps look like very good value, but I'm not a fan of their mounting system (not that I have any personal experience of them). One of the major gripes with my current set up, a lightforce 170 scope mounted unit (apart from humping the battery about in a rucksack) is that the lamp gets in the way. I end up knocking it when I sling and unsling the rifle, I knock it out of alignment and it generally makes life a bit more difficult than it should be plus if anything hard rubs over the surface of the lamp, the plastic is quite noisy. Thus, I'm looking for something with a variable beam (not overly important), low profile, secure mount, good run time and a strong beam. Anyone got any experience?

thanks a lot
D

I use a tracer stingray from Debden and find its excellent, bit bigger than I think your looking for, but lot smaller than the 170
Added advantage is it is variable power and full beam over 400 metres

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users