I asked the mechanic I use the very same question.

Aviod pre 2009/10 navaras engine made of chocolate.

Isuzu cheap but extortionate to repair he advice to aviod.

Hilux recommended but try and find a reasonably priced one very dificult.

Mitsibushi reliable.

I opted for a ranger which he recommended reliable motor and cost effective to repair. A bit basic compared with the competators but hard wearing.

I spent some time looking and got one which had been used as a family car no tow bar and reasonable miles.

Returned 30 to gallon towing a quad all winter very comfortable ride.

Not done any serious of roading.

looking to get some better tyres bfg goodrich allterian for next winder came unstuck on some snow.

Racked the back out and made to measure dog cage to get the best use of the load area which is suprisingly small if all tackle is just thrown in.

• Like 1

Mitsibushi reliable.

I opted for a ranger which he recommended reliable motor and cost effective to repair. A bit basic compared with the competators but hard wearing.

I spent some time looking and got one which had been used as a family car no tow bar and reasonable miles.

looking to get some better tyres bfg goodrich allterian for next winder came unstuck on some snow.

Racked the back out and made to measure dog cage to get the best use of the load area which is suprisingly small if all tackle is just thrown in.

You went the same route as me, Right down to asking a mechanic mate.

I would say my ranger knocks spots off the hillux for comfort and not been basic, and I as told the navara engines were bad past 2010

Bf don't make the tyres in my size, so I am goin with the coopers when I change mine, a lot of the off road boys are moving over to them now.

Mitsibushi reliable.

I would say my ranger knocks spots off the hillux for comfort and not been basic, and I as told the navara engines were bad past 2010

Bf don't make the tyres in my size, so I am goin with the coopers when I change mine, a lot of the off road boys are moving over to them now.

get the stt set, theyre spot on?

Mitsibushi reliable.

get the stt set, theyre spot on
Exactly what I got my name on.
  • Like 1

For 8 to 10k you have plenty to choose from, you need to work out exactly what you want from it, I found that was the best way to narrow it down when I was looking, for example, I needed one that could tow 3.5 ton trailers, that was the hillux out (more was the pity)

thought hilux tows 3.5 ton well my mates one does !