Drop Long Nets

Rabid

I have set a long net once or twice, but certainly no expert in it, my predicament, I have one field that is always loaded with rabbits along two of the hedges, but only a very small field, the rabbits rarely venture more than 10- 20 yards from the hedge.

I was thinking there must be a way to set a long net up on tall poles during the day, with a release pin that can be pulled from a distance so the net drops down the poles and sets, then when I walk in the field instead of the rabbits all gone, the first they will know is the net dropping and if they bolt back it will be into the net, is there such a system on the market ?

I have set a long net once or twice, but certainly no expert in it, my predicament, I have one field that is always loaded with rabbits along two of the hedges, but only a very small field, the rabbits rarely venture more than 10- 20 yards from the hedge.

I was thinking there must be a way to set a long net up on tall poles during the day, with a release pin that can be pulled from a distance so the net drops down the poles and sets, then when I walk in the field instead of the rabbits all gone, the first they will know is the net dropping and if they bolt back it will be into the net, is there such a system on the market ?

Most make their own I know leeview has made one that works, but as terryd says above have a look at some old threads.

TC

• Like 1

Cheers, am currently working through old threads, taking some time though !

It wouldn't be a one off, I have quite a lot of land and places I could use it after the initial problem field, I have been looking at ideas to convert my 100 yrd net

I think someone made a remote control one, which was a good idea

That was Kevi from Melbourne, he used car door locking solinoids to drop the net. Bloody good idea.

Don't know if this will work on here but here is a link to the post he made about the auto drop net on my site.

http://netsandnetting.**"£$%^&*(.com/thread/19/auto-drop-net

TC

Edited by tiercel
  • Like 1

I think someone made a remote control one, which was a good idea

That was Kevi from Melbourne, he used car door locking solinoids to drop the net. Bloody good idea.

Don't know if this will work on here but here is a link to the post he made about the auto drop net on my site.

http://netsandnetting.**"£$%^&*(.com/thread/19/auto-drop-net

TC

Copy and paste the link in to your browser but Substitute the %^&* for p.r.o.b.o.a.r.d.s leaving out the full stops. As p.r.o.b.o.a.r.d.s is a banned word on here.

TC

Edited by tiercel