A Few Pics From A Fishing Cabin I Built

class rabid, had a few good days offshore jigging myself, but i hit most of the good rock marks round this way, were lucky to be surrounded by so many, boulby,whitby runswick bay and so on

Some real good marks there mate, I have dungeness and aldeburgh closest to me, both well known deep water cod marks, my boat is only moored a few mile from dungeness, had some stonking cod unto mid/late 20's not half a mile offshore.

If you fancy a boat trip when I put my new one in the drink give me a shout, should be finished the refurb by end of the summer hopefully.

i use to fish dungerness quite alot too, beach fishing was alot better when i was younger than nowadays, so i got myself a boat and used to launch it off of dymchurch, and sail round to dungy, we had some good fishing there, nice cod, smooth hounds, pounting,whiting, then we would head back towards dymchurch for some good flatties, i had a very nice tope there once, 30 odd pound on live sandeel, there was an old boy in an open boat who used to fish close in off of dymchurch who new were to fish, he had no fishfinder or anything but just new were to go, he would catch some decent sized plaice,every time he went, he said there was a nice gully he sits over, he used to line himself up from a few points on the shore, good on him i say,
Dymchurch baot angling club is still up and running, and quite successful by all accounts, they also have another club just there somewhere as well, can't remember the name of that one, I am moored in rye, I did consider Dymchurch but beach launching wasn't for me every time I wanted to go out, prefer to just slip the ropes and away, provided I am not sat on the mud that is, tide restrictive at rye, that's the downside
yes mate, the dymchurch angling club was i found a bit clicky, so i joined it's rival club, the varne angling club, very good club as well, they had two launch dumpers, jet wash system to clean/flush your boat/engine, boat compound, showers, good sized car/trailer park, club house, pool tables dance floor and a big bolconey over looking the sea, all for £180 a year, plus you got your own key to let your self in, i think the boat compound was a bit more in cost, but i always trailered mine home, iv'e fished rye before, but not with a lot of success, but dungy/dymchurch has always been pretty good to us over the years, off of dymchurch down towards greatstone, i don't know if you know, there's a big block of concrete called, the moulberry left there from the war as a defence barrier, well, i moored my boat on the ladder on the side, and climbed on top, it was like a massive breeze block, hollow centred, with gaps between each section to let the water fill it up, when i took a peek in, there was this big shoal of bass, ranging from 2lb to 12lb, the trouble was i didn't know what was in there, so when i pocked my head over the edge it spooked them.............doh but now and then people do take a nice one out on red gill and other lures, casting up the outsides of it, but the art to it is to try and stay quite when rolling in on your boat, i know that sounds a bit mad as your in a boat, but its shallow water, there are also muscle beds there which are great for some nice sized flatties,
The varne, that's the one, used to be a great big Bloke run it, real nice fella he was, not been over there for a few years now, are you still a member ? What boat did/do you have, I know the mulberry, fished it a few times, I winter cod over that way mainly, Kerton road is my all time fave, had a 29lber out in December, rye I mainly fish flat ties in the bay, or push out to the wrecks, bass pollock and cod.

Get this new boat sorted and I will be out on the sandbanks for the turbot, and French side for the bass and pollock.

i don't have a boat any more, as i ended up moving to canada, i used to have a seahog samurai, which was a lovely boat, nice lay out and seats four comfortably, i sold that one for a nice seahog sea jeep, a bit smaller so i could launch/retrieve on my own, and believe it or not, with the screen swung down it fitted in my double garage just nice, it was handy having it there as i could work on it if need be, it had a nice four stroke 50hp honda outboard, lovely and quiet, the wilson flyers are really good boats, massive space to them, good work/fishing boats and can take a big engine, inboard or outboard?,

sorry single barrel for the hijack mate, but we got carried away.......... :icon_redface:.........i do like your fishing cabin tho...........its the best one i have seen........ :yes:

Canada, one place that's on my 'to visit' list, stunning looking country, and some superb sport, may be a bit cold in the fall though.

I like the sea hogs, I looked at one as my first boat but the one I looked at was a bit prices, so ended up with a little dory with a 40hp 2 strokes on the back, great little boat and had many excellent trips out on it, then I had a flyer 17 with a 90 on the back, I have a little dory now with a that's I 50 on it, but that's in dry dock at the mo waiting for the buyer to collect it.

The 24 I am doing now is diesel inboard, 180hp turbo, should cruise 22knts, and top out about 28-30knts, not very often you can open the taps that much with a chiropractor on board in our waters though

• Like 1

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

​this is my own that built

Some real good marks there mate, I have dungeness and aldeburgh closest to me, both well known deep water cod marks, my boat is only moored a few mile from dungeness, had some stonking cod unto mid/la

Posted Images

Yeah, I like cathedral hull boats, they can slam a bit in a chop due to not having the conventional v shape, but I had three big blokes (and I do mean big, 18+stone)hanging over the side of my last one photographing and releasing a blue, and it sat steady as a rock !

Perhaps we should start a boat thread, poor fella done some lovely work on his cabin, sorry single barrel, wasn't my intention to distract from all the good work you done.

its all about bringing people together rabid, no need to apologise mate I use to have a 24tf cobble had some great times out ,and thank you very much for the offer sir that would be great

Pal, anyone is welcome out on my boat once, I used to go out all the time on my own, but it's a better craic if there is a few of you, and I am lucky enough to own a boat, not everyone is that fortunate, so more than happy for lads who fancy it to come out with me if I am going, should have plenty of space this year.

• Like 2

​this is my own that built

nice job mate, that wood burner will really keep you warm during those winter nights, well done, are you sure it's a fishing cabin tho..........and not a love pad for entertaining the woman.........lol.............the cosy fire, the beds, the music and the kitchen..............lol..........all you need now are some candles to set the mood...............lol..................seriously all jokes aside, 10/10 mate, good job,

• Like 1

cheers tilleylamp and rabid, its there if ya fancy a weekend winter cod session, or a weekend summer bass fishing

Very kind offer that pal, I have an excellent bass spot myself, but it only fishes in certain conditions and they are few and far between, but when it does fish............worth the wait.

I may give you a shout when I fancy a change of scenery.

• Like 1