Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

Posted Images

Sad reality innit Mick that a bloke who currently doesn't have a license is the biggest threat too the current champion whom appears game too fight anyone

Parker I think will be the easier of the two too actually get into the ring , but fully agree a 3/4 fit Tyson Fury is a more formidable than either other belt holders , surely the money on offer should be enough incentive for Fury too get his house in order, mind he talking too Hearn now, was at Monte Carlo fights last weekend very quiet n polite, I've a feeling Eddie's got all his dominoes more or less in place , just America too crack now , but they out there this weekend with Jacobs might make some more contacts he always said matchroom will go stateside but only on there terms 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

On the back of his performance the other week wilder will be more than confident of fighting whyte. 

Im not making excuses he was pish poor but  I think whyte needs bad blood to see him at his best  he's got that with wilder 

Glenn threw a lot but it weren't that effective , lot of heads elbows ,sloppy punches that bounced all over  had it a little closer than it was scored but Leather just looked the  better boxer , , his work was tidier on the attack and better than Glenn's whilst defending , foot had a real fast paced aggressive fight but caused hardly any damage , failed too capitalise on the early knock down 

Robbed? Nah he was outboxed by a potentially much better fighter, he tried too bully n belittle leather in the run up too the fight and almost in every round of the fight , think that's first time leather been past six rounds so fair play very tough test , very good fight as well fair play too both , for me leather got far more longevity than foot , but I'd pay too watch it again 

Smith v Williams second fight syndrome weren't as entertaining as last time but smith come through and won nice lad deserves it 

On 10/11/2017 at 20:27, arcticgun said:

Sad reality innit Mick that a bloke who currently doesn't have a license is the biggest threat too the current champion whom appears game too fight anyone

Parker I think will be the easier of the two too actually get into the ring , but fully agree a 3/4 fit Tyson Fury is a more formidable than either other belt holders , surely the money on offer should be enough incentive for Fury too get his house in order, mind he talking too Hearn now, was at Monte Carlo fights last weekend very quiet n polite, I've a feeling Eddie's got all his dominoes more or less in place , just America too crack now , but they out there this weekend with Jacobs might make some more contacts he always said matchroom will go stateside but only on there terms 

I have my doubts Fury will ever be back. He keeps saying he will and he's lost weight, then he goes on a bender. Seven stone is a hell of a lot to take off by March, I think he's hitting the coke hard too...using it as an antidepressant. His voice sounds weird. I think he's had a massive breakdown. I think he's a long way from recovery. Real shame. We get a brit heavyweight champion of the world, and the media go and destroy him. I don't think he could take all that criticism.

18 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I have my doubts Fury will ever be back. He keeps saying he will and he's lost weight, then he goes on a bender. Seven stone is a hell of a lot to take off by March, I think he's hitting the coke hard too...using it as an antidepressant. His voice sounds weird. I think he's had a massive breakdown. I think he's a long way from recovery. Real shame. We get a brit heavyweight champion of the world, and the media go and destroy him. I don't think he could take all that criticism.

He destroyed himself mate and those around him chose too ignore the obvious , they made themselves toxic too deal with on all levels , bit it is a real shame cos for such a long time he was such a good prospect , who knows what the future holds eh beating himself going too be harder than AJ or Wlad imho 

If Fury was accused of stealing Johnny Vegas voice , I'd not become bit surprised ?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

So because A boxer has more longevity you let him win lol

You score the fight that's in progress not one that might be in the future lol

To be honest mate I thought Glenn was going too get the nod myself last night whilst sat watching it , but I wasn't really that suprised Leather nicked it either , as usual one score card a mile out,  I feel for Foot and I'd imagine he is seething , but he failed too capitilise  on the knock down and threw a lot of wild stuff that simply achieved nothing , he kept leather where he wanted him most the fight too, but leather boxed very nicely despite continual pressure and got a handle on foot and Keith picking up points , 

Would have too watch it again too be fair, my lad had leather as winning last night 

Think Leather did real well too pinch this and maybe he will go up a level given time , foot been there done it and been found out , great fight though n would go see rematch no chew 

Edited by arcticgun
9 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

We'l agree to disagree

The points deductions were a farce .

The ref made sure Foot could not get in close and apply the pressure.

Foot scored the more telling shots and the ex boxers ringside still had Foot the Winner by a point even with his two point deduction.

A Farce really.

Foot got off lightly mate head infraction wise , he was warned , and he was constantly at leather all night right in his face, he was allowed plenty room too press his game ,  think the ref done well, foots only chance was what he tried he couldn't out box leather , close up aggression n intimidation was his game and he done real well, 

sometimes it simply depends  what the judges like could of gone either way some love  that style but there's more too boxing than aggression , what the layman wants too see  n what the judges look at are sometimes way apart , it is what it is 

Deffo worth a second watch 

Edited by arcticgun