Boxing At The Weekend...

8 minutes ago, MickC said:

iirc Joshua was 231 lb (16/7) for his first pro fight against Emanuele Leo and 254lbs (18/2) for his last pro fight against Carlos Takam an increase of 23lb,certainly prefers the extra weight but there is rumours he will come in lighter for the Parker fight.

Just shy of 2 stone then.... that's a fair bit of chunk for anyone but I guess you can't say its been detrimental to this point anyway ...I seen something the other day saying AJ doesn't take advice well from his team and does as he pleases regarding bulk.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, MickC said:

iirc Joshua was 231 lb (16/7) for his first pro fight against Emanuele Leo and 254lbs (18/2) for his last pro fight against Carlos Takam an increase of 23lb,certainly prefers the extra weight but there is rumours he will come in lighter for the Parker fight.

I'll think he'll have to mick I think he'll be a better fighter for it also parkers going to try push aj and go for the ko landing bombs if aj comes in heavy and punches himself out or gasses like he did in round five v wlad Parker isn't as cautious as wlad and will throw bombs that could stop aj I think they need to come in lighter see how they manage at it 

Parkers not half as dangerous as anyone's making out especially you Cushty lol, was talking to one of his fellow countrymen and they don't rate his chances, at all n general, not that theres that much interest out there in boxing as such, he a nice lad and easily best in his own backyard  but like AJ Wilder he got lucky in even getting a title version, his displays since have been little short of appalling, he couldn't even nail Hughie who was an inactive blown up cruiser at best on a borefest on youtube, he aint some machine that knocks people out every outing , he not spectacular at all, he decent and commited but he not keeping that belt and ever was

watched the press conference and he looked out his depth which to be fair he is, his promoter is talking crap, absolute bollocks, all fghters get dropped its no secret, and yes JP will have been dropped stopped stunned in training, if not he in for one surprise soon when AJ stood in front of him, cause thus far ive not seen one backward step, ive seen him ko fighter after fighter no one liked that but hey , then he steps up quick and disposes of all challlengers including genuine quality like wlad all fired up, gets pinged as hard as you could by top pro and simply gets up and onto win,

is he too big maybe but cant see him coming down the real threats are all the big one punchers nobody likes like povectin, pulev them guys might just catch you and drop you one punch, likes of deontay fury (fit n focused) they up level again mobile and can scrap big punch , but one wont fight anyone and the other cant both have wasted too much time where as aJ and lot of thers like whyte keep plugging away

I think whyte would finish parker I don't expect any issues when him and AJ fght think parker will get wasted quicker than takam

1 hour ago, arcticgun said:

Parkers not half as dangerous as anyone's making out especially you Cushty lol, was talking to one of his fellow countrymen and they don't rate his chances, at all n general, not that theres that much interest out there in boxing as such, he a nice lad and easily best in his own backyard  but like AJ Wilder he got lucky in even getting a title version, his displays since have been little short of appalling, he couldn't even nail Hughie who was an inactive blown up cruiser at best on a borefest on youtube, he aint some machine that knocks people out every outing , he not spectacular at all, he decent and commited but he not keeping that belt and ever was

watched the press conference and he looked out his depth which to be fair he is, his promoter is talking crap, absolute bollocks, all fghters get dropped its no secret, and yes JP will have been dropped stopped stunned in training, if not he in for one surprise soon when AJ stood in front of him, cause thus far ive not seen one backward step, ive seen him ko fighter after fighter no one liked that but hey , then he steps up quick and disposes of all challlengers including genuine quality like wlad all fired up, gets pinged as hard as you could by top pro and simply gets up and onto win,

is he too big maybe but cant see him coming down the real threats are all the big one punchers nobody likes like povectin, pulev them guys might just catch you and drop you one punch, likes of deontay fury (fit n focused) they up level again mobile and can scrap big punch , but one wont fight anyone and the other cant both have wasted too much time where as aJ and lot of thers like whyte keep plugging away

I think whyte would finish parker I don't expect any issues when him and AJ fght think parker will get wasted quicker than takam

We will see I can't see aj blasting Parker out when he couldn't blast Taksm out without the ref diving in aj is going to win but I think this will be the first time he wins over 12 rounds 

Joshua seems to prefer being heavier and so far it has worked.

Whats peoples thoughts on Whyte v Browne ? Could be a good fight while it lasts but I think Browne will stop him. They dont like each other at all which usually has the makings of a good fight .

27 minutes ago, MickC said:

Whats peoples thoughts on Whyte v Browne ? Could be a good fight while it lasts but I think Browne will stop him. They dont like each other at all which usually has the makings of a good fight .

He's a slugger...I'd say the longer it goes on the more I'd favour Browne.....if Whyte put's in a performance like he did against Del Boy he gets beat....but if he comes in right he might get the KO.

Briggs is not an easy fight for anybody never mind Furys first comeback fight after a couple of years off . I would be surprised if they risk it all by putting Fury in with Briggs in his first fight back . Hearn will want both Joshua and Fury matched as easy as they can until he can get them to fight each other in a mega money fight,the sooner the better for Hearn and Joshua.

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1
On 20/01/2018 at 18:47, MickC said:

I gotta say whytes grown in me , when he up for it he can turn out looking well , think he still not the fighter he could be though , think he could benefit from better set up around him more support fluctuates in eight too much but he game and entertaining hope he does well