Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

Posted Images

Out of all the prospects at the minute Josh Kelly is the one to watch? Jake ball & Martin Ward will win tonight, Katie Taylor tops the bill v mccaskill doesn't she

Don't really rate Connor Benn at all atm tbh, it's early days but just don't see anything in him yet despite the KOs, he's father was some fighter though ?

Okolie fights tonight aswell, he's got a good attitude to the sport imo ?

For me when I say decent win I'm not on about opponents as such I'm on about showing in ring  potential for what he can do in the futire, he's best win was a 2-4 fighter so it's obvious he's fought no one good, I'm saying with a Kelly an a cordina you see things in them that can see them climb through the levels, just havent seen that in Benn , and as you say, he shouldn't be in trouble like that against a fighter of that level if he wants to go through the ranks... I can't see him coming to much tbh,  rookie or not, not if he's matched properly anyway...

Benn is v limited and is mainly being booked as a killing machine for the casuals imo 

A draw is fair for me , the 57-54 too wide, 

Edited by Billy b
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, Billy b said:

Yeah all talk aside of how limited Benn is and how far he can go that there was a good ole scrap

I think/hope Benn after he watches this fight back will see he's got to change a few thing and be a bit more clever ....he got lucky with this one for sure.

• Like 1

I think he will, and if he doesn't he's stark raving mad or deluded ? 

Benn could do with someone being very honest with him now, like I said I understand he's learning on the job but I just can't see him making much of a dent tbh unless he's against people who are there to make up numbers... 

he struggles when someone actually wants to have a few shots back. 

Definitely needs to focus on all the basics and fundamentals more

listening to the Sky hype an casual hype is no good to him at the minute, honesty about where he's actually at at the minute is what he needs

• Like 1

I agree I think he also needs to get out of his dad's shadow he has his father's attribute of when the going gets tough the tough get going and thats a great Base to build of he's a real fighter but he needs to become himself not a copy of his dad because his dad is truly a one off  and he will always fall short. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I enjoy his work tbh and think hes improved every fight bar lastnight  and lastnight was another learning curve . Think lastnight was his first time getting clipped and he showed he's got alot of heart. Again he shouldn't have been drawn into a fight like that bit he'll learn alot from it . Also dont see him ridong his old man's cost tails. He's doing alot on his own 

Each to their own pal, what one man sees in a fighter another man might not see at all, or it might not be he's cup of tea, but I don't really enjoy he's work tbh, he entertained me last night coz it was a scrap but he's Boxing isn't too clever and he needs to start sharpening up, when you look at who's about it'll be very hard for him to get a British title imo, I can't see him winning a British title 

Any fighter with a pulse will be harbouring hopes of Sparking him coz of how wide open he was last night, that defence needs tightening up and fast, I don't think he has enough about him to make it tbh, can't see him winning a meaningful belt ever, early days an he's a young chap but last night shouldn't of played out like that for him , doesn't mark good things for when he moves through the levels ?

what improvements have you sin, out of curiosity? Coz I haven't seen him improve on much, or sharpen up much , I dunno, maybe I'm being too hard on him but I can't see him getting anywhere near a British felt anytime soon and if he does win a belt in future it'll be one of them "versions" of a top belt 

nothing against him just don't think  he's got what it takes, he'll need a lot more than he's grit to rise to the top 

6 minutes ago, robertb123 said:

Well done to Billy Joe tonight, that was worth staying up for! Perfect tactics for all 12 rounds a joy to watch. Bad sportsmanship by the Canadians at the end though ,their man was thoroughly schooled.

up late n missed it ill give it a watch this avvy, fair lay too BJS my lad said it would go 12 good result away from hme, looks like BJS is serious and wants a career afterall

• Like 1