Boxing At The Weekend...

1 hour ago, stealthy1 said:

Really looking forward to this. For me it’s a real prover for both boxers. Ortiz outboxed Wilder for 10 rounds until he got caught with a bomb. Fury is capable of boxing better than Ortiz but he’s going to face an opponent who will take chances to land that Klitschko didn’t.

Think I’ll bet Tyson U/D or Deontay ko rounds 1-3 ?

• Like 2

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

Posted Images

Povetkin is old now but still a top class operator and is an accurate puncher,however I was still surprised how easy and frequently he was closing the distance and able to land power punches on Joshua. Joshua can not afford to let Wilder in to land shots like that.Fair play to Povetkin for going out on his shield,after the first knockdown when he was getting back up his trainer pulled him back down by his gloves to stop the fight but Povetkin was having none of it and got up and continued on till Joshua put him away.  Fury v Wilder should be an easy fight for Fury as Wilder has so many flaws to his game but he does have the equaliser right until the last bell. Wilder has been out boxed by lesser fighters than Fury but has still managed to rally and stop them.If Fury can control the distance and use range and movement to keep Wilder on the outside like he did with Wlad then he should win. However Wilder may not be deterred as easy as Wlad was with the counter punching from Fury and he  may well have to land some big shots of his own to make Wilder think twice before committing,one lack of concentration and Wilder can turn it round with one shot .

Edited by MickC

IMO Fury has more chance of beating Wilder than AJ and to be honest Im an AJ fan not a Fury fan! The thing is with sport u can be a fan of one person or team and still appreciate others strengths over them. One thing is for sure IF Fury beats Wilder it is a points decision, Fury doesn't have half the power to KO wilder. Watch wilder ortiz round 7. I really don't like Fury but will always back our home fighters regardless. Between Fury and AJ one of em has gota be able to beat the yank surely???

AJ was caught tonight and if wilder caught him like that he would just run at him throwing from everywhere, can't defend against that.

If fury was hit like AJ was he would be down.....but Fury doesn't get hit! That's why it's a great time to be a fan!

Difficult first few rounds for AJ but found the stoppage in the end. We shouldn’t underesimate Povetkin, for me his record in terms of quality opponents stands up against Fury and Wilder, albeit Fury beat WK..., so no mug.

Every boxing fan must be hoping the winner of Fury v Wilder faces AJ in the spring. Sadly I can just see a string of excuses, claims and counter claims as to why it won’t happen. 

funny how anyone AJ  beats then you get the fury followers giving it “ he’s old,he’s washed up,he was a chump,he never beat anyone worth fighting....ect ect 

but if fury beats them it’s, he’s beaten a great boxer,he’s beat a man no one could beat , he schooled a pro ,.....ect ect 

the funny thing is reading comments on here and other forums Is that most of fury fans bigging him up are gypsy 

and most the AJ fans defending him are people who hate gypsys lol .

personal I’d like see AJ and fury but I also don’t as I expect it would be a long drawn out affair of fury dancing around staying out of Joshua’s way .somepeople will fall it boxing ,,I agree with walshie and call it surviving 

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

That's what most On here need to do re Josh

he was handed a world title as a bargaining tool

Martin ffs who was he ?

Hes on about fighting Whyte again'

they fought 3 years ago already.

His next fight should be Wilder or Fury.

Both too dangerous for the cash cow that is Josh

Hearn won't want it if he can worn out of it.

Too much money at stake.

Hearn had a deal signed to fight wylder the welder camp pulled out ..........

2 hours ago, walshie said:

I don't buy into this "Fury schooled Klitschko". Keeping someone at arm's length for 36 boring minutes while reversing your way to a points decision is surviving, not schooling. 

Fury controlled the fight with the distance/range he set as well as the feints and head movement which along with his counter punching deterred Wlad from getting himself in close enough to unload his shots, in other words a shooling.People seem to forget that Wlad  knew he could not beat Fury and resorted to cheating by having extra padding fitted to the ring floor to slow Furys movement down. Furys camp and others noticed it and got it removed.There is an interesting clip of Lennox Lewis talking about this padding as its being removed on youtube, as well as a clip of Wlad getting hold of Fury during the fight and sticking the head on him which he was not penalised for. Fury fought Wlad in his own back yard and was not once behind or ever in trouble in the Wlad fight, compare that to the Wlad v Joshua fight nearly two years later !

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, socks said:

Hearn had a deal signed to fight wylder the welder camp pulled out ..........

Socks we will probably never know 100% who was to blame for the fight not happening with Wilder but we do know that Joshuas trainer (Mcracken) did say that Joshua was not ready for Wilder yet, which does make you wonder. Fair play to Fury who after two comeback fights is now fighting Wilder in America on Dec 1st. Joshua has not once fought outside of Britain but depending if Wilder can beat Fury he may well have to if this fight with Fury does big enough numbers on ppv.

29 minutes ago, MickC said:

Fury controlled the fight with the distance/range he set as well as the feints and head movement which along with his counter punching deterred Wlad from getting himself in close enough to unload his shots, in other words a shooling.People seem to forget that Wlad  knew he could not beat Fury and resorted to cheating by having extra padding fitted to the ring floor to slow Furys movement down. There is an interesting clip of Lennox Lewis talking about this padding as its being removed on youtube, as well as a clip of Wlad getting hold of Fury and sticking the head on him which he was not penalised for. Fury fought Wlad in his own back yard and was not once behind or ever in trouble in the Wlad fight, compare that to the Wlad v Joshua fight nearly two years later !

the bottom line is this , yeh Fury can  beat Aj  on points , yeh he beat wilder  on points , the  word is (points ) , because there no way on this planet  can fury  knock out  wilder or Aj . we all go to see a boxing match  with boxer showing good defense , and attack  , fury only got the one. Right now the heavyweight division poor , Aj   had lot of flaws in his fight , he let a smaller man  take the fight to him, and it could have cost him last night with them 5-6 rounds, Aj should controlled  the fight being the bigger man with size and reach. But i rather Aj  faults  and know that he could loose, but tries to take his man out, not like Fury back peddling for 12 rounds , as said it very poor division  right  now ,and Fury  got to be the worst  in it .!

• Like 1