Boxing At The Weekend...

5 hours ago, MickC said:

Bird

Don't get me wrong both of them are capable of knocking the other one out with the first punch of the fight.I honestly believe that it will have a lot to do with which one of them can control the distance in the fight and also the pace of the fight imo. Wilder has a bit of movement and has legit ko power but needs to be at distance as he needs to windmill his shots to generate power,Joshua on the other hand likes to be in close using his strength and up close the power in his shots is serious. Joshua did gas against Wlad but Wilders resume is so poor he has never been in a situation like that yet in his career.Both have been down in there careers,Joshua only once mind and both have been hurt in fights  but still got the win.Both have a punchers chance early or I think Wilders poor resume will get him found out and Joshua will stop him eventually, I cant see the fight going the distance tbh. Ive always said that if Tyson can get back to anything like he was,even though its not a fan friendly style I think Tyson would have an easier fight with Wilder than what Joshua might end up having,then again like I said Wilders resume is so poor he might get found out straight away by Joshua. Giving Wilders history of being able to always dodge his mandatorys and fight lesser hand picked opponents,even if Wilder signed to fight Joshua I would not believe it until they are both in the ring together.

neil r

Wilder is an Al Haymon fighter and who is also the most powerful man in Boxing,and funny enough every fighter that wilder has fought since being gifted the belt has also been an Al Haymon fighter !!! What happened to Povetkin is an absolute disgrace to boxing and something should have been done about it so it can not happen again and he should be reinstated as mandatory and Wilder made to fight him in his next fight,Povetkin has been waiting since 2015 to fight him and still he waits.Probably wilders handlers waiting for him to age as they  know they will never beat Povetkins backers purse bids so the fight will always be in Russia unless Povetkin decides other wise.

articgun

good post but I still fancy Fury to beat Joshua if he can get himself to the level he was at and have at least three fights before facing him. The fight has to happen between these two and if it all goes to plan Joshua stays unbeaten and Furys comeback goes according to plan it could well set up the biggest fight Britain has ever had. A lot of ifs and buts,however if the fight does come off were would they find big enough for the fight to take place at ? Fury v Whyte would be a better fight than Bellew,I think Fury would toy with Bellew.It would be some event .

good  threads mick, i think if   Aj  did fight  Fury  , as  you say it be prob the biggest fight in Britain   for years , and  i think  Aj  prob loose , because   i think he let the occasion get to him with the crowd  etc , and he be trying to take Fury out early, and in doing so would gas out like his last fight, Fury would just keep moving about out of reach , and win him on points, maybe knock him out if his legs go   towards the end of the fight  . But if Aj  can get to Fury  early   he will knock him out deff,:yes:   lets hope it happens next year with bit of luck:thumbs:

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

Truax easy work for DeGale 

not the best of match ups 

Gave me thoughts a week or so back about Loma-Rigo , Rigo looking very good in training, he's working on going round on the attack trying to use lomas angles against him, stepping off an circling all the time trying to give heself the best chance of an open target but aside all my points about why I think Loma will win I have to say I think he will be just too big for rigo aswell 

Bit of a better opponent hear for yarde that's why 

he's been fighting knock over jobs , this man will ask him a few things an test he's stamina a bit 

haha, no it's over , but he needs to tighten up he's defense a bit he was very open to that that right hand ,

Edited by Billy b
  • Like 1

DeGale having a harder time of it than I expected here 

not doing aswell as Anthony Dirrell did 

called it light work for degale, but he's reluctant to throw he's right hand & not having it all he's way in there 

degale has the skills to make this easier but he just ain't