Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

Bellew has no hope at all to beat tyson

tyson will keep him on the end of his jab all night long and pick him off 

Tyson signing with mtk is a good thing ? Tyson would never take Eddie offer to directly work with him, Peter, john, Tyson all had issues with Eddie in the past & they wouldlnt back track on their words their prideful men. When/if Tyson boxs AJ it'll make big dough whoever he's with an mtk are a good outfit to do negotiations with Eddie 

Tyson just needs to have that op on he's throat & then he'll be in the swing of training properly ? 

Aj is no match for Tyson after a full camp and fit. Listen, it's no good having a big right hand shot if you can't land it and time it, Tyson doesn't fight in a rhythm, look what he did to Klitschko , Klitschko didn't know whatever to do with Tyson as he could not time him for any counters because Tyson was constantly giving him different looks and angles , Klitschko couldlnt even get his jab going and in boxing if you can't get your jab off your going to have a rough night...

aj struggles with movers and doesn't have very good head & lateral movement & he comes in too heavy and it affects he's stamina , he also doesn't work the body enough, he puts his punches together well and is powerful but there is a lot of flaws in his boxing . He's not a big unbeatable mush the casuals lead you to think he is. He wouldlnt be able to get set with Tyson as Tyson wouldlnt give him anything to go off , he'd struggle with tysons movement and he'd get picked off all night long and lose on a wide UD , tysons boxing and ring iq is very good he makes people over commit & times & fires the right hand in, he's too savvy for Joshua . 

tyson is a hard nights work for anyone when fit, a switch hitting heavy who makes it very hard for his opponents to time , also he compliments his offense with a defensive move straight after a lot of the time & that will drain a fighters energy loading up & hitting air 

tyson is no Ali but he's the boxing king of today's heavies, they can't do naink with him, very good boxer he is 

Edited by Billy b
  • Like 2

AJ himself said that Tyson is the hardest fight out there for him after saying he'd beat Wilder and Parker. Fury has everything needed to beat AJ movement, skill, speed,ringcraft,engine and his ability to set the distance in a fight is always over looked. When Tyson fought Wlad he never once got to Tyson,never looked in trouble and never looked like losing. When Wlad fought AJ he was able to get to him and when he kept his distance and boxed at range AJ was clueless and Wlad should have stopped him but was more concerned about the hard drive sewn into his gown predicting the result and his brother telling him to go for a points win !!! Tyson needs to get himself in shape and at least three fights before facing AJ and should forget about 2018 and fight him in 2019. I did think AJ might get beat before then but now Hearn has started his BS saying other fighters don't make the money so they should fight AJ for peanuts is just another way of getting out of fights imo. If AJ truly wants to be the undisputed Champion he needs to pay the other belt holders what there worth to get them in the ring,if not and he does want to fight them then he should get a new promoter. Parker and Wilder are World champions and deserve 40% of the purse despite what Hearns says . Either pay up or be content fighting mandatorys and voluntarys .

Edited by MickC
  • Like 2

Tyson sets distance very welll , he is very deceptive. Yeah Klitschko made the AJ fight hard for himself at times, when he was using his boxing brain it was having an affect on AJ, i thought he let the fight get away from him aswell after the knockdown , he couldlve won but didn't quite have the gas in his tank when he needed it most and AJ got back into the fight.. but to fair Klitschko biggest mistake in that fight was he did not work the body, even when AJ was huffing and puffing , he kept going for that left hook to the head which in the end AJ kept blocking , 100% if he wouldlve whipped shots to AJs body he would have beat him! One thing I remember from that night is thinking why ever are you not firing to that body! If he'd of feinted the left to the head and then lowered it to go to AJs body while his guard was raised to block the head shot it wouldlve bin game over imo 

wilder deserves 40% but 30-35% is good enough for Parker imo, Parker was lucky to come acrosst that belt really & without the belt he has nothing really he isn't a draw he won't put bums in seats , he isn't a bad boxer , again , his movement would trouble AJ, for a time... then AJ would get to him and KO him I don't think Parker could stay away from AJ for 12tbh . Top rank promotions are involved promotionally with Parker & if Parker does want the best cut possible for AJ fight then he needs to let them talk with Hearn cos David Higgins is a joke tbh, a complete dinlo, very amateur. I can see why Parker wants a bigger cut he's basically selling he's belt lol but even 30% smashes his current career high pay day to pieces! He cannot make that money anywhere else , I think if Parker & Higgins keep talking silly they will by pass him completely & just box Miller or wilder. 

People see AJ poggering people and get carried away with it, hes been in trouble plenty in the ams & a few times a pro 

he's only where he is because the heavyweight div isn't much cop in this day and age besides a few

joshua done well to come through klitschko fight but for me he was v lucky there, Klitschko just didn't have that extra bit in him to finish AJ 

Tyson however knows his job, won't care about AJs big right hand shot & will out box him comfortably, aj is looking after them belts Til tyson comes back 

too be fair to AJ, you can only beat who's in front of you, and he's done that , but when people look at AJ and see a big killer man, well... I just dont see that tell you the truth .  Luis ortiz's left hand would cause aj big problems aswell and although Ortiz was caught juicing if he boxed aj it would be battle of juicehead vs juicehead, aj is 100% juicing in my opinion. Innocent until proved guilty an all, but for me all the signs are there. What ever good it does him though I couldlnt tell yas, as he gasses plenty during a fight .

abother thing I noticed about aj is a hole in he's defense where he is most vulnerable after he's thrown a flurry of shots, Tyson would notice that , and counter each time either with pot shots & straight rights , you keep firing shots at a man and landing after he had just thrown shots of his own you watch how quickly he gets discouraged.. that's what Tyson will do to aj he will discourage him, drag him into deep waters and drownd him . An while Tyson heself isn't a big puncher, he works both head & body , an if aj starts to gass an Tyson looks to throw to the body he will stop him !

people talk about Tyson getting dropped by Cunningham . Listen, that was a flash knockdown, and it was due to the speed & timing of the shot , in boxing a well timed & speedy shot can cause them sorts of knockdowns, Tyson wasn't in any danger from the shot, it was just a lovely shot that caught him off guard , Tyson took some big shots of Wlad in their fight & laughed so the idea that Tyson is chinny is silly 

there is big flaws in Anthony Joshua's boxing , but as of now his hype train is stil goin full steam ahead but if you know what your looking at you can see your own self areas where Joshua is vulnerable 

your not a million miles wrong in what your saying about Joshua, however he is still there in the mix and Tyson has one hell of a lot of catching up to do, he s very lucky the division is so poor and second third chances are always given, I truly hope he does come back , but for all Joshua's failings and there are many ysin has just as many if not more, can he ven beat himself yet? then theres those around him once the band wagon is rolling they will come back out of the wood work, I really hope he does get his self sorted and focused cos its sad but it really is the best fight out there and would command the highest money of all three big fights, that itself says something, like the battle of Britain, I just think Aj will fetch something Tyson has never seen before, for starters Tyson never been in with such a heavy hitter or active fighter, Its taken a while for AJ to meet opponents who can even last the rounds with him, sure he got dropped of Wlad, but he took the risk and snatched the rewarad, flaws n all, fortune favours the brave one thing for sure he wont hide form Tyson in the ring, nor I think will he allow hearn to hide him from him outside, he will have obligated fights and titles to go for , but am sur he will meet furt at first opportunity, afterall its only Fury that's held things up this long, could of already been done could it not

I do rate Tyson highly and followed him very closely up until he became a dick , then all the splat that followed, but I truly think he deserves his slice of the pie and some for what he did in Germany it weren't pretty but it was boxing and I know that, it aint always what thrills the viewers its what going to get the win that matters, too many live for the ko, but at heavy weight its sort of expected and can to be fair happen to anyone as lennox lewis found out

gonna be a long long road too this fight  but I think were making progress towards it Tyson looks a lot better

If Tyson is serious about coming back he needs to add a couple of people to his team,firstly somebody to watch over him on social media/public speaking and vet the things he says like Tommy Hearns used to have and secondly a conditioner/nutritionist who is bang up to date with what's what and what's not. I'm not saying Tyson says the wrong things but certain people take some of the things he says the wrong way. It's a remarkable achievement what his Dad and Uncle achieved with him but a bit extra help/advice would not go a miss regarding conditioning/nutrition etc.As for AJ he's only World Champ like Wilder said because they took the belt off Tyson despite the relevant fees being paid prior to the Wlad/Tyson fight,they would not have took the belt off Wlad ! I'm not convinced that AJ would even be able to catch Tyson clean for his power to have any relevance in the fight if it comes off. Wlad is a far better boxer and has better boxing iq than Joshua and yet he was clowned by Tyson for 12 rounds and could not land one telling punch.The fight needs to happen but only after Tyson has had at least three fights in 2018 and look to fight Joshua in early 2019. Joshua has done well to get were he is but his poor stamina and movement ( reminds me of Bruno) will be what Tyson looks to capitalise on if/when they do meet . The quicker they fight suits Joshua and the later it happens suits Tyson hence why Hearn is desperate to get the fight asap .

All good points arctic mate and I think Tyson will beat himself mate not a case of if just when ?

You are right, Tyson will never have seen anyone like AJ before, but let's not forget he'd never seen no one like Wlad before. Wlad likes mind games pre fight & he was beaten at hes own game at that aswell, and in the ring Wlad may not have the highest punch output at times but he is used to controlling a fight & making a fighter fight how he wants & controlling the pace

but Tyson took all that away from him by fighting in no particular rhythm, like I said a few posts above , he just couldlnt "get set" in the fight 

AJ might be a live opponent, but Wlads live in his own way, a wily old ring veteran compared to Joshua an Tyson took everything the mush had away from him

i believe it'll be the same with AJ , no good being live if you don't know whether you're coming or going with your offense & that's what Tyson will do to aj , he won't be like target practice for AJ like a lot of he's other opponents he'll be showing AJ things he's never seen in am or pro & like mick said , with the movement Tyson will have it'll be very hard for AJ to land clean ,

i agree about nutrionist mick but not about anyone watching what he says, what you see is what you get with Tyson an them fury boys . See Joshua, he's fake as anything, I prefer straight talkers, freedom of speech an all that . Nutritionist wouldlnt go amiss though . Training at the ingle gym with Billy joe would see him in top shape. See Tyson though, he's very loyal, it's a wonder he left hennessey, so can't see him being trained by anyone but Peter tbh but you never know... 

Edited by Billy b
  • Like 1