Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, mackem said:

Glen used to be on here,keeps lurchers :) my mate put £500 on him.

Indeed he was n does or did , lad I ran with knows him very well grew up with him, he sold him black n white coursing dog for bit lamping got some cracking pics of it coursing ? 

9 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

• Like 2

I thought Footy done enough to win that fight,I gave him the first 5 rounds and he also had the knockdown in the second as well as  taking the fight to Leather.It did get a little scrappy in the later rounds but I had him winning it by 2 rounds. I don't know what was going on with the mouth pieces but they were not a good fit at all and cost him a point.Leather was complaining to the ref all the time,not really a sign of a fighter who is winning the fight and also at the end he looked like he knew he had lost.At the end of the day its boxing so hopefully they can have a rematch, I would not mind watching them fight again.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, VOON said:

Guess, whose back, Slim Shady is back.....

he have to loose 5st, and still be in trouble if i gets in with AJ , the longer he out of the ring , the longer it would take him  get ready for a decent  fight , never for mind AJ , i hope for him he can do it ,  he deff   make load of money out of it for both fighters , people will pay to watch him :yes:

1 hour ago, bird said:

he have to loose 5st, and still be in trouble if i gets in with AJ , the longer he out of the ring , the longer it would take him  get ready for a decent  fight , never for mind AJ , i hope for him he can do it ,  he deff   make load of money out of it for both fighters , people will pay to watch him :yes:

He won't be up to much if he stays training with Becks....??

• Haha 1

Poverty after having a taste of the big time should well be enough incentive , then there's the actual loss itself of the titles , respect , adoration etc ending up a laughing stock  sat at rock bottom

One thing I will say for him he can always find a smile or have a laugh , rock bottoms likely the best place for him cos it's there he might rediscover the hunger , desire , call it what you want , if he can't find it there he ain't ever going too , if he does then hopefully he will climb back out the black hole he jumped into , he ain't been beaten and is a very capable fighter when he is focused, the very fact he chatting too Hearn shows he is serious , it's all their layed on for him , it's the biggest fight out there , it don't even need any belts too sell it 

He only has himself too beat first , he a lot of things Tyson but he is honest lad that's for certain , am sure he gunna do it for himself his wife kids n Uncle 

Best of luck too him boxing better with him than with out him end of story 

• Like 4

Fury will be back but he does not want to rush into a fight with Joshua too soon,he needs at least a few fights before taking on Joshua. Realisticaly he should not be looking to fight Joshua until 2019 but no doubt Hearn will want him in with Joshua asap.Either of them get beat before they face each other and the fight will not make nowhere near as much money.

watched an interview with Hearn and he was on about American boxing/boxers, how they don't fight as much as they should or could be, match making is very slow out there, Errol Spence jr was an example he used, real good win for him against Brook, but he hasn't exactly kept up the memento with a home show this year, , don't think he due back in ring until 2018. which is some serious time off after a fight he hardly broke sweat in,

I'm praying that Fury comes back and gets couple of decent break back in fights to ease him into the fray, am sure David Haye would only be too glad to fulfil his wish to destroy Fury, saying he manages too find his way through Bellew first,  (which I'm sure he wont lol), but it cant wait too long as you say anyone could beat anyone of them in one single punch, I always think of McCall v Lewis fight, any of these guys have that shot about them.

11 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Aye f**k him now. Was a fan but he's shown what he's really like recently. 

Good card in boxnation tomorrow.  Frampton,conlan,tete and Daryl Williams.  Williams first fight with smyle is 100% worth a watch 

Should add it's on by as well

Reckon he did the dirt on Khan as well........like to see Conlan do it.....

17 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Aye f**k him now. Was a fan but he's shown what he's really like recently. 

Good card in boxnation tomorrow.  Frampton,conlan,tete and Daryl Williams.  Williams first fight with smyle is 100% worth a watch 

Should add it's on by as well

Just read Williams has retired ?

I read on a boxing forum just before i posted he has quit the game maybe just rumours.

Last night #TeamSouthpawJab member Darryll Williams announced that he was retiring from boxing. We had held off posting as we hoped that he'd make a quick change of heart. As other outlets are now reporting it we decided to put a post out.
Darryll is retiring as the undefeated reigning English Super-Middleweight Champion and a former Southern Area Super-Middleweight champion. Darryll hangs up his gloves with an immaculate record of 16 wins with 6 by ko from 16 fights and his career will be remembered for the two fights he had with Jahmaine Smyle.

Edited by darbo