• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why does anybody care what another man charges for his pups ... If you want one you would pay if you don't want one then why comment ........

I might be interested i made an appointment with the bank to see can i remorgage my house

All you people moaning at the price ... When you read the paper or brows gum tree eBay whatever and you see something that you think is overpriced do you ring or email the person to tell them that ...

I think I've asked a few times on a few different threads ... Maybe I'll get an answer here ??

WTF is a "working mans price" ?? Other than a term to try and run the price of an item down on the back that your going to work / use the dog / item ??

To me it's total bollox .. If you want the said item / dog then you'll pay for it!!

How many spouting the working mans price bollox walks in to tescos / asda or where ever you shop, fill your trolley then go to the till and when the person on the till puts everything through and says "that will be £150" Ahhh sorry that's not a working mans price ?!

To which I'm sure they'll reply "feck off and starve then"

You want it, you pay for it and if you can't pay for it save for it or find a better job !!

:laugh: lol cheered my morning right up that lol :thumbs:

Edited by shaaark

To me a working mans price is enough to cover the rearing of the pups, without profit being made on the litter, as that's when greed will come into play. If you have bred for yourself then a pup is all you should need, and obviously good homes for the rest, like has been said a high price guarentees nowt or why is the shelters full of pedigree mutts?

If you are gonna start moaning about the price of food in tesco, which is a buisness by the way, breeding a litter isn't, them maybe try aldi or lidl? Or even grow your own or hunt??

Why should anybody give you for cost? why should they not make a few quid? Do you think its wrong for someone to kill off what he doesnt want to keep himself if hes not in the business of selling or do you think he has some kind of obligation to rear pups for strangers for no profit?

Never mind the price lol is it only me that would be too embarrassed to sell pups out a 3 year old lol especially a busher ffs lol what's matter are ye scared she may scratch her ears?lol

I don't see a problem in selling pups out of a 3 year old bushing dog ... I mean what has she got to prove its not as if she is suddenly going to jack on a nettle patch lol ... A dog that age out regularly will have learned all its going to learn by that age ......

defo agree with that no problem to me using a well worked 3 year old,if people want pay the money let them not for me to judge what someones willing to pay,lets hope they go to decent working homes which is more important than purchase price

• Like 1

All said and done I find asda cheaper than both aldi and lidl..

All said and done I find asda cheaper than both aldi and lidl..

I find the countryside the cheapest ... Meat from there costs me fukc all lol ........

CB7AAFF3-4015-46A5-BFC2-9F508EE60F08.jpg

• Like 4

My worry would be if £300/working pup becomes the norm, you are making money - good money.

That would encourage people to breed more purely for profit rather than for themselves and friends/associates.

Quality would drop off and it would be to detriment of working dogs overall.

I have no problem selling surplus pup, especially to long term, known members of a hunting forum but personally feel more comfortable with a lower price.

JMO

• Like 7

Old news

No I think culling pups that are unwanted or unsuitable is fine, I just honestly believe profit has no place in working dogs. As that's when folk may breed for wrong reasons. In an ideal world I think all should be culled or gifted, or at most the cost of the raising the litter covered, but there again that should have been covered before a litter was bred. This ain't an ideal world tho and I get that some folk would never get a pup it that's only way things went, and many a lad was started off on a pup bought out free ads or exchange an mart or these days the web. I have paid good money for some a the dogs iv had and had a couple gifted. I'll buy more again but that don't mean I can't thi k somebody is ripping arse out it by over charging, and the Only folk that ever cared about how the pup was doing was the guys that gifted me them lol and if I'm honest they made the better dogs as the line had more thought put into it, and no thoughts on profit. Folk are comparing breeding a litter to running a buisness lol that's madness

Old news get over it there all sold Chang the subject you sad man

• Like 1

No I think culling pups that are unwanted or unsuitable is fine, I just honestly believe profit has no place in working dogs. As that's when folk may breed for wrong reasons. In an ideal world I think all should be culled or gifted, or at most the cost of the raising the litter covered, but there again that should have been covered before a litter was bred. This ain't an ideal world tho and I get that some folk would never get a pup it that's only way things went, and many a lad was started off on a pup bought out free ads or exchange an mart or these days the web. I have paid good money for some a the dogs iv had and had a couple gifted. I'll buy more again but that don't mean I can't thi k somebody is ripping arse out it by over charging, and the Only folk that ever cared about how the pup was doing was the guys that gifted me them lol and if I'm honest they made the better dogs as the line had more thought put into it, and no thoughts on profit. Folk are comparing breeding a litter to running a buisness lol that's madness

Joking aside thanks for your honest opinion.

• Like 1