Im pretty sure foxes do not have second litters ,may be wrong but i would say they are only capable of ensuring one litter makes it through however early they are born .Oestrus in vixens is triggered by short daylight hours i believe so would not happen this side of christmas .Neither do dogs come in straight away after a litter or ferrets or any other carnivore .Fairy tales are nice but facts are better .

• Like 5

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tripod. a local dog fox with one of his cubs at the earth. he was a cripple and still helped the vixen feed the cubs. along with a cub from the previous year. ive watch these foxes for generations and

I really cannot believe that you didnt know the dog is involved in the up bringing of cubs FD but you dont seem convinced ....as for the dog only being vocal during the rut I can guarentee you he will

great too see hunters respecting what they hunt and ive learnt something from this thread , think we need too be open minded about things , and its true believe what you see and sometimes if that's al

Posted Images

Foxes only have one season ayear.the fox is a great mother and will put a large investment into rearing alitter, you only need to look at the efect rearing a litter has on her body.she would never get her body back in the same year. Early cubs or late cubs are just down to vixens coming in to season at diferent times,

• Like 2

http://vid586.photobucket.com/albums/ss308/timmy243photos/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-06/C4EB2A48-FCF0-4C37-AC99-A94DC7663529.mp4

http://vid586.photobucket.com/albums/ss308/timmy243photos/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-06/B8CB8E6E-110F-46F1-9C62-6F465B3373F0.mp4

Out first light deer stalking and saw these playing on a newly cut silage field .

1]they are out very early and well grown .

2]silage first cut earliest i can remember .

leaves are on the trees early by you aswell by the looks ofever really took much notice but your right ,tis early .Looking out office window now ,some are some arnt but im no botanist .Well spotted mate .

Never took much notice but your right .Looking out office window now ,some are some arnt but im no botanist to give an answer .Well spotted .

Good wee video mate, I had a call the other day with a farmer says fox tried to take a lamb in daylight he seen the whole thing even when shouting says it didn't spook to easy, asked me to come up the weekend, not looking forward to it at all

its not nice bud but its what you have to do to keep permo we have not really stopped due to call outs, i have a few sheep on myself this this year and it really makes you look at things differently when you look at things thought the farmers eyes. but like you say pal its not a nice task

• Like 1

When I was working away I couldn't believe the difference in the seasons through England, down south is a good month in front off the Midlands.

are you saying that midland folk are backward.

If I was I'd be counting myself amongst them

• Like 2