Habitat habitat habitat!!!

Couldn't agree more . Making a habitat pheasants want to be in is essential to drawing wild birds who, after all , are far more canny than recent releases . Putting down attractive food helps of course , but keeping them there is what you're aiming for .

From my own experience , being down here in the West Country , pheasants LOVE apple pumice , the bye product of cider making .

Aniseed is like honey to phezzies wilf, mix some in and they'll smell it from miles away. A small 10ml bottle will do 10kg or more

Do you mean the concentrate bottle mate because that does 3 ton of corn .Best results in a clean cement mixer .Fill level with corn then add one drop of aniseed let spin then bag it .Only problem is any deer in the area will be drawn to clear up your grub as well ,bonus I guess if they knocking over feeders .

• Like 1

Aniseed is like honey to phezzies wilf, mix some in and they'll smell it from miles away. A small 10ml bottle will do 10kg or more

Do you mean the concentrate bottle mate because that does 3 ton of corn .Best results in a clean cement mixer .Fill level with corn then add one drop of aniseed let spin then bag it .Only problem is any deer in the area will be drawn to clear up your grub as well ,bonus I guess if they knocking over feeders .

Is that the stuff thats in condtioning seed for pigeons

Bit late to this topic but anyway... I learned a good method of drawing wild birds by accident. This method will probably seem obvious to most but might be useful to someone. I set up a small moveable breeding pen for a cock and a couple of hen pheasants ( during breeding season) in my garden . Within a couple of days a wild cock appeared, trying to fight the penned cock through the fence. I immediately set up a feeder in my garden becide the pen and scattered a hand full of barley & chick crumb under the feeder. The wild cock was feeding from it the next morning and a few days later he had a hen with him. I then moved the penned birds to another location with the same results.. Two active feeders.

• Like 2