Whippet Section.

• 4 months later...

With the popularity of whippets and more people working them these days, I think it would be worthwhile having a section just for whippets.

I think there'd be a lot less negative comments then when people put up posts/pics etc about their dogs working.

• Like 4

It would be nice to have a whippet section for people to share their experiences with whippets.

Atb j

Definitely, and a lot less aggro from many 'blinkered' lurcher enthusiasts.

Don't get me wrong, I know that in many cases lurchers would be a more suitable type. But there are plenty of occasions where a whippet does the same job, but does it quicker, with more excitement and style, and in many cases with more enthusiasm. I love the little feckers lol :thumbs:

• Like 2

Brilliant idea...in a kind of "I can't believe there isn't one already" way.

When you consider that, although there are probably a greater number of lurchers with greyhound as oppossed to whippet blood, there are probably a greater number of hunting whippets than hunting greyhounds and yet we have a greyhound subsection...surely it makes sense to have one for whippets.

Having said that...you could say the same for salukis, deerhounds etc...I'll get my coat!

• Like 3

Brilliant idea...in a kind of "I can't believe there isn't one already" way.

When you consider that, although there are probably a greater number of lurchers with greyhound as oppossed to whippet blood, there are probably a greater number of hunting whippets than hunting greyhounds and yet we have a greyhound subsection...surely it makes sense to have one for whippets.

Having said that...you could say the same for salukis, deerhounds etc...I'll get my coat!

Lol, no you've got a couple of good, valid points there :thumbs:

• Like 2

There seems to be a lot of people wanting a whippet section.

Hopefully it will happen. I personally think it would be a advantage to the running dog section. Plenty of people either work or have an interest in the little running dogs.

Atb j

• Like 1

Socks says it's a brilliant idea. Keep all the shivvering whimpy little feckers in one place.

Yeah, they're that bad there's whippet in both the parents to his pups lol

Yeh but he says only 1/64 whippet in the sire and 1/128 in the dam. Lol

• Like 1

Socks says it's a brilliant idea. Keep all the shivvering whimpy little feckers in one place.

Yeah, they're that bad there's whippet in both the parents to his pups lol

Yeh but he says only 1/64 whippet in the sire and 1/128 in the dam. Lol

He's good at maths as well?! F**k me! Lol

Edited by shaaark
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...