Depends how you treat your dogging sessions .Some I've known just let dogs run riot thinking it doesn't matter but others treat it as if they were trialling. One of the best I used was a HPR of the steady type that had the knack of flushing the right way .Any dog used needs a certain amount of recall and direction or the whole thing becomes a waste of time .Depends on what time available too .For a short manic session you won't beat a spano but a ride round on the quad far boundary could utilise a young lab .Most keepers use same dogs for dogging in as on shoot days .

• Like 1

My pal uses a collie , his wife rescued it from somewhere , he ended up taking it with him when he dogged in his boundary along with his labs and before long it was better than the labs ..many an evening he takes just the collie if he's doing a particular bit of the estate ..he gave his wife some stick when she brought it home , he know gets it back and some ..

• Like 2

I liked using my pointer x lab, must of started taking him at 8 months? brought him on well and soon got the knack for pointing. like foxdropper said I didn't used to let my dogs go feral, just treat it like a practice shoot day to steady the dogs.

• Like 2