Shooting In Different Counties.

Alright lads, My .17hmr is cleared for Fox on my ticket which was issued by Cheshire police. When I drop over the border into North Wales, who I'm told don't allow 17hmr on Fox, am I still ok to take them? I don't want to open up another can of worms with regard to the 17hmr on Fox but we do come across them when out lamping and I personally think it's an adequate round at short range anyway, I've never had a runner at the ranges I shoot.

Thanks in advance.

I had fox on my ticket for hmr in Shropshire but then had land in wales. Rang the feo in wales and he told me I can't shoot fox their with hmr and he wouldn't clear the land for hmr knowing I was going to shoot foxes. I rang my feo and he gave me a open ticket so didn't need the land clearing I went their and shot loads of foxes without the Welsh feo knowing lol.

Cheers Dan, lands already been cleared as the farmer shoots a 22-250 on there. I'm still on a closed ticket for another year or so.

Best watch what I'm shooting then...

Just really pi**es me off how all forces are different. They cause themselves headaches, surely it would make more sense being the same across the board.

Cheers.

Alright lads, My .17hmr is cleared for Fox on my ticket which was issued by Cheshire police. When I drop over the border into North Wales, who I'm told don't allow 17hmr on Fox, am I still ok to take them? I don't want to open up another can of worms with regard to the 17hmr on Fox but we do come across them when out lamping and I personally think it's an adequate round at short range anyway, I've never had a runner at the ranges I shoot.

Thanks in advance.

Your FAC is legal for any area of England, Wales and Scotland. (not sure about NI)

You can shoot whatever your FAC says in any of these areas, if your FAC says fox, AOLQ, etc., and you go to another Police region then they cannot change what your FAC says.

North wales may or may not allow fox with a HMR, tuff, your area does and have conditioned your FAC for that, other areas don't have a say in that and cannot change the terms of your FAC if you cross a regional boundary.

I had this issue some years back with a pal in one of the Yorkshire regions, which, at the time refused point blank to allow .22LR for fox, yet mine was conditioned for fox by another region. This presented the ludicrous situation that I could stand next to him and shoot fox legally with my .22lr but he could not.

• Like 1

North Wales dont allow fox to be shot with the hmr, although if its an open cert, is there really an issue.

North Wales don't have a choice if a FAC owner from another region turns up with a FAC conditioned for fox on HMR!

He can shoot fox with it in N Wales!

:thumbs: