Easter Uprising

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's been interesting watching this thread develope, and I am afraid I have some bitter news for the British lads. See, I am as proud as punch to be and Englishman......I was born one and I will die

I think there will be a united Ireland again one day. And let me tell folk something for nothing, ireland is nothing like England politically and socially and is all the better for it. They are just

it goes back a lot longer .english rule come to ireland throw out farmers home/land owners and take over there lands then make them pay to work land thats really theres stop us speak or langauge cant

Posted Images

It's been interesting watching this thread develope, and I am afraid I have some bitter news for the British lads.

See, I am as proud as punch to be and Englishman......I was born one and I will die one.......but let's put aside the petty insults and write off murdering b*****ds as what they and get down to some hard facts.

Now Britain may have won a lot of wars, it may have inflicted some serious damage on the Irish in the lead up to independence BUT Britain has definitely lost the peace.

I live amongst country folk, farmers mostly and they are living just perfect......officials can f**k off, people help people just because and without a second thought, no one complains if you park a bit dodgy or put up a big shed, they don't give a f**k if you are walking your cows down the road and they have to wait a few minutes, there's no traffic wardens, the coppers all know you and leave you alone if you behave yourself, if you catch a thief in your barn and beat shit out of them nobody's going arrest you.....they will turn their back and drive off and let you get on with it.

I say this with a very heavy heart to my English brothers, but don't be too smug with the Irish boys because you are genuinely f****d over there in England and you would give your eye teeth to be able to live the way these lads do.

That boys, is the fact.

I know feck all irish, just a few words, but my lad speaks and understands it well. part of school life over here, good company and craic and the place is still wild in most parts, long may it last.. :thumbs:

Been here 27 years now and i still get a buz waking up on a June morning at 4:30 am and feel i am the only one on the planet,,,,well, on a nice morning that is, with a bit of sun..lol

• Like 1

:no: it full thick cnuts that hate the english an it never stops raining... ffs dont be encouraging any more to move over :laugh:

Ah it's not so bad, I have only had 3 or 4 drive bys and just the 6 petrol bombs :)

• Like 1

It's been interesting watching this thread develope, and I am afraid I have some bitter news for the British lads.

See, I am as proud as punch to be and Englishman......I was born one and I will die one.......but let's put aside the petty insults and write off murdering b*****ds as what they and get down to some hard facts.

Now Britain may have won a lot of wars, it may have inflicted some serious damage on the Irish in the lead up to independence BUT Britain has definitely lost the peace.

I live amongst country folk, farmers mostly and they are living just perfect......officials can f**k off, people help people just because and without a second thought, no one complains if you park a bit dodgy or put up a big shed, they don't give a f**k if you are walking your cows down the road and they have to wait a few minutes, there's no traffic wardens, the coppers all know you and leave you alone if you behave yourself, if you catch a thief in your barn and beat shit out of them nobody's going arrest you.....they will turn their back and drive off and let you get on with it.

I say this with a very heavy heart to my English brothers, but don't be too smug with the Irish boys because you are genuinely f****d over there in England and you would give your eye teeth to be able to live the way these lads do.

That boys, is the fact.

Wow i wasn't expecting to read anything like that on here. Fair play wilf.

looks like the falklands will be leaving soon aswell the u,n has ruled in favour of the argies own the waters around it,then if scotland go ffs yis be fxxxed.lol

No way Scotland will vote to leave. If we ever do I'll probably head for Wales?

DRUG GANGS are all they are now loyalists and IRA and the brit goverment will keep the peace by throwing money at their bluff coummunity groups so as the leaders can pocket the money they in turn can then keep a lid on their men and stop them from going back to war , the dissident ira groups are only a bluff if they want a return to full scale war and get brit soilders back on the streets of n.ireland to get them more support from the catholic people as the big bad brits r back to opress us well all the bluff dissident groups would have to do is walk into any loyalist place and carry out a shooting or bomb attack kill a pile of prods and they would get the war the want funny how that hasent happened :hmm: whos controling who ,men died on both sides id say the loyalists will b more the happier they fought a war to remain british which is still the case today the ira side well they had men who comitted suicide by not eating they had men who fought and killed ruc/army and who also had men killed by ruc/army for what for their masters in sein feinn to accept british rule to accept law and order by agreeing to the psni policing their army council marty mcguiness and gerry adams mixing with british ministers marty shaking the QUEENS hand and calling the dissidents traitors to ireland while standing shoulder to shoulder with the psni chief constable so 100 years on they still are dreaming about a united ireland

I struggle with the one language too don't need to be confusing things trying to learn another :laugh:

They pick languages up so quick when they're young bet your lad will be fluent soon enough and like you say your youngest will be properly bilingual I bet. It's heartwarming to see a family of immigrants embracing the culture and fully integrating :laugh:

Haha, well mate I mouthed off for years about how anyone coming to England should fit in with the culture and how people behave, learn the language etc so it would be a bit rich to then come to another mans country and not try and do the same.

As I tell the kids, over here, we are the pakis !! Lol lol

• Like 1

I watched a very interesting programme the the other night on s4c wales about the internment camp in frongoch near bala in north wales where 1800 irish were held as prioners of war in 1916 after the easter risings,the camp was a disused whisky distillery that was formaly used for holding german prisoners from the first wold war but was emptied of germans to accomadate the irish after the easter rising ,they were basically left to run the camp themselves and that it where michael Collins was interned and that's where he started giving lessons on gurilla war fare and was the start of the ira and they taught each other gaelic

• Like 1

ive allways thought that Ireland should be for the irish,they have allways had a rough deal for hundreds of years they have been suppressed in the 1660s 52,000 irish were sold in to slavery to work on plantations in the carrabean along with black slaves its no wonder the they feel biiter against the brits

• Like 2

It's sad that so many Irish are sill having to emigrate to find work.

It is and it isn't mate, if ireland was as busy as England then it wouldn't be the place it is.......England is busy and that's why it's over run with odd marks and packed to the rafters.

If you live in an area here with decent links to the airport then you will see as much if the inside of your house every week working in England as most English lads do having to get up at 4:30am and not home till 7.........and you will do it at a fraction of the cost of living in England.

I can get a plane cheaper than I could get a train into London and I lived 23 miles out of the city!!