Deerhound Pup Update

If she's out of a pure deerhound by a first cross bull grey she's half, not three-quarter, deerhound. And if you want her for rabbits I'd say that's to your advantage. But don't get too hung up on the exact percentages. The important thing is that being only half deerhound she should mature earlier than a purebred. She looks quite small in the pictures, but it could just be the angles - how tall is she to the shoulder?

Bess is just over 6 months old and is currently standing 21 inches from foot to tip of shoulder :)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few more pics    

So last summer I was looking into getting a dog to start working with, I've always used rifles to hunt with so the thorght of using a dog was a strange one to me, a lot of my friends use bull x's whic

I bet he has,nt,he,s just seen what they offer,then went Deerhoundy,not everybody is gullible and egoscentric.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lovely looking pup pal as probably already said deerhound and their crosses tend to mature slowly but when they are there they are hard to beat in my opinion the very best fox lamper I've ever seen was 1st cross deerhound and a bitch

Edited by leethedog
  • Like 1