Any British Nesting Yet

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice one cantona and the best of luck mate,i was feeding my lot today and was just changing a few nest pans about and went to move one that has a rope lining in it but no nest and found 2 redpoll eggs

After an unsuccessful ringing nitemare ive managed to keep the rings on three bully chicks. There two weeks old today. Now waiting for the four full goldie eggs to hatch over the weekend. Fingers

Just some pva glue or a cable tie is easiest to use or sow them,silicon sealer or double sided tape all work as well .. My bullie cocks are singing away like nothing else and my redpolls are all fe

Nice one cantona and the best of luck mate,i was feeding my lot today and was just changing a few nest pans about and went to move one that has a rope lining in it but no nest and found 2 redpoll eggs sitting in the bottom of it,i've put some nesting stuff under it so they won't get broke and if she carries on laying in there i'll make a proper nest for them,just to add and maybe will help someone in the future but if you have ever to make a nest do it around a light bulb and its just about the right shape and size for most finches :thumbs: ..

• Like 3

First goldie egg this morning.

good luck feller .ive had a hen canary lay yesterday thats in with a finch so fingers crossed on both :thumbs:
Nice one.

Ive got five razas/irish on the perch,

4 in the nest,one sitting on 5 eggs and another on her 2nd lot.

And goldie egg number two this morning ;)

• Like 1

Good luck with the chaffie's I hope you are successful with them. I've kept them for years and only bred them twice. They are not an easy native to breed in my opinion. I'd keep an eye on the cock when the chicks hatch if he is rank he'll toss them out of the nest or break up the nest to get the hen down again.

The chaffie eggs I put under a red canary weren't birded but the hen chaffie has built a nest this time round and is sitting on two eggs, one of which is birded so fingers crossed on that one...

• Like 2

Well there all alive still and various sized mealworms and buffalo worms at the moment but tomorrow i'll go shake a few branches over a upturned umbrella and see what other creepy crawlys i can find for them,little tip if your live food scampers off a bit quick is to put it in a fridge for 10 mins or so and that slows them right down so the birds get a chance at tidying them up :thumbs: ...

• Like 1

After an unsuccessful ringing nitemare ive managed to keep the rings on three bully chicks. There two weeks old today.

Now waiting for the four full goldie eggs to hatch over the weekend.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 3