keeping dogs safe forest of dean

Guest chris_c

mate i know im pretty pathetic when it comes to spelling and puncuation so dont take this offensivly but do ya mind adding some to yours iv read it 6 times and dont understand what your trying to say

sorry your so slow anything i can do to help let me know oh and here ,,,,,,,,..................../;'''''''';;;;;;;.,,.;'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by pegleg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris C.........Why dont you get your mates at the BBC or your university media studys course to hit the pig on the head with a camera or tape recorder.

Failling that.........throw a stack of LACS leaflets at it ;);)

Sorry you didnt get what you came for............. ;)

hi i live in the forest of dean and spend a lot of time in the woods and ive never seen a wild boar . dont get me wrong im not saying there not their but i think the chances of you coming across them and them attacking you or your dogs are pretty slim especially not enough to warrant carrying a crossbow im also not saying that they wont attack people . dont forget at some point these animals did come from farms or are decendents from animals that did so they must still be used to some human contact . anyway where abouts do you live and what parts of the forest of dean do you camp out in

i've not done the forest of dean yet, so will just wonder around till somewhere takes my fancy, unless you can recommend somewhere!!!!

The thing is that my dogs do like hunting anything that moves, and i just read somewhere on the internet that a couple of dogs have no chance against a pack of wild boar, and my two dogs are guaranteed to get involved.

I used to do the New Forest, but have given up on that because there are just too many ponies, so i've decided to try the Forest of Dean.

hi i live in the forest of dean and spend a lot of time in the woods and ive never seen a wild boar . dont get me wrong im not saying there not their but i think the chances of you coming across them and them attacking you or your dogs are pretty slim especially not enough to warrant carrying a crossbow im also not saying that they wont attack people . dont forget at some point these animals did come from farms or are decendents from animals that did so they must still be used to some human contact . anyway where abouts do you live and what parts of the forest of dean do you camp out in

i've not done the forest of dean yet, so will just wonder around till somewhere takes my fancy, unless you can recommend somewhere!!!!

The thing is that my dogs do like hunting anything that moves, and i just read somewhere on the internet that a couple of dogs have no chance against a pack of wild boar, and my two dogs are guaranteed to get involved.

I used to do the New Forest, but have given up on that because there are just too many ponies, so i've decided to try the Forest of Dean.

boar will run away from dogs they dont all pile in if one gets caught its all for there own in the pig world not the royal rumble!, only a mother will fight for her piglets, get your self some proper dogs a good blade then when your cold and wet in your makeshift shelter at lest youll have a belly full of good grub!

all the best ray mears

Penis!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

I am getting very frustrated. I live in the middle of the city with my two dogs. I like to go out to forest areas for a few days break, and live outdoors, so my dogs can have a bit of freedom.

I have a gsd and a collie x, and want to know what I need to do if wild boar interfer with my dogs. I cannot believe that I would have to watch my dogs get savaged, and not be able to defend them. I dont have a gun license, so what are the alternatives ...... a cross bow...... ?

This is not a site for people like you :feck::feck::feck::feck::boxing:

Guest ocs1867
Hi

I am getting very frustrated. I live in the middle of the city with my two dogs. I like to go out to forest areas for a few days break, and live outdoors, so my dogs can have a bit of freedom.

I have a gsd and a collie x, and want to know what I need to do if wild boar interfer with my dogs. I cannot believe that I would have to watch my dogs get savaged, and not be able to defend them. I dont have a gun license, so what are the alternatives ...... a cross bow...... ?

My advice would be get an American Bulldog. :whistling:

Hi

please dont encourage idiots to get American Bulldogs :angry: these are smart dogs and in the hands of an idiot..... well... :no: they have enough problems as a breed as it is thanks to morons like this!! bulldogs would eat this guy alive!! unless that was your whole point to begin with :whistling:

but i agree... i have American bulldogs for that very reason.. we have a good wild pig population where i live, as well as bears, coyotes, wild cats, and feral dogs... not to mention there is a psyche ward just up the road from my house!!! i wouldnt have any other breed by my side in this area!! :thumbs: except for maybe a rottweiler...

Edited by BlueCoyote
Guest ocs1867
Hi

please dont encourage idiots to get American Bulldogs :angry: these are smart dogs and in the hands of an idiot..... well... :no: they have enough problems as a breed as it is thanks to morons like this!! bulldogs would eat this guy alive!! unless that was your whole point to begin with :whistling:

but i agree... i have American bulldogs for that very reason.. we have a good wild pig population where i live, as well as bears, coyotes, wild cats, and feral dogs... not to mention there is a psyche ward just up the road from my house!!! i wouldnt have any other breed by my side in this area!! :thumbs: except for maybe a rottweiler...

Have your AmBulls ever had any runings with Bears and Wild Cats?

Chris C.........Why dont you get your mates at the BBC or your university media studys course to hit the pig on the head with a camera or tape recorder.

Failling that.........throw a stack of LACS leaflets at it ;);)

Sorry you didnt get what you came for............. ;)

:laugh::laugh: Chris C, my advice would train your dogs and don't worry about bumping into those nasty boar.

You sound like the lovechild of Ray Mears and Barbara Woodhouse................

Hi

Have your AmBulls ever had any runings with Bears and Wild Cats?

no close calls yet and hopefully never will be. but we see the bears and their tracks out here and the cats are bold enough to walk into the middle of the road to take a dump then bury it. drives the dogs wild so discover that on a walk! but so far they havent crossed the fence, no.

i like being prepared though :D

keep your townie muts on the lead is the answer, and as for you finding the pigs ill wager if you go there every weekend for the next 2 years you wont see one you may get to hear them but you wont see them!!

You tell em Rog :thumbs:

You have no idea what a trained working shepherd does, obviously. In a military environment they go into an area before the soldiers to sniff out explosives. Think.

to me it looks like this is what you gone need
:tongue2: Edited by hollands hope