Not One For Long Shots.....but!

Just checked the laser and it's set to meters. I'm back on the permission next week, I'll see if it was in meters or yards when I took the reading. I did aim high, so the mil dot @ 'head center' was 149 yards. It will be interesting to check the range!

Nice shot.......I know you said your'e not one for long shots, but its still good to have a go and its such a buzz when you make the shot :yes:

Did you get many bunnies?

You should never "just have a go". Don't pull the trigger if you're not 100% confident of a clean kill. It's things like this that give antis plenty to talk about.

• Like 1

Nice shot.......I know you said your'e not one for long shots, but its still good to have a go and its such a buzz when you make the shot :yes:

Did you get many bunnies?

You should never "just have a go". Don't pull the trigger if you're not 100% confident of a clean kill. It's things like this that give antis plenty to talk about.

Ok....point taken...should have chosen my words more carefully. I was not saying that he or anyone should go out and just "have a go". David was confident of the shot and I don't doubt it for a moment. It's coming to something when we have to choose our words so carefully. Antis dont like what we do, full stop. No matter what we say

Maybe I should have said, " I know you said your'e not one for long shots but, and this is very important, as long as you're 100% confident, its still good to take the shot and its such a buzz when you make a clean and efficient kill."

• Like 3

how awesomely refreshing a guy not bragging who has taken aspects of a longer shot into account, mil dot chart and rangefinder .look and learn people or your just guessing and relying on luck.well done David,respect

Edited by zx10mike
  • Like 2

Situations and circumstances present and I'll bet many push the boundaries at times.

Just the same, it would take a lot for me to consider the .22lr and subs for distance!

But never say never as they say!

:thumbs:

Since going to my clubs range I've grown more confident with using mil dot. This is due to at first being zeroed @ 60 yards and shooting 25 yards targets at the range, so having to use mil dot. Now I've zeroed to 25 yards and my average over 9 visits is 96/100. So now zeroed @ 25 yards I have no choice but to know my distance and use mil dot effectively when out in the field.

Hell of a good shot for a .22 lr with subs, well done!

Thanks! I forgot to mention, the shot was taken off of a brick wall. This gave for a very stable shooting platform. Also at that distance the rabbit was unaware, so stay put while I used my rangefinder and mil dot chart.

If your as sure as you can be off a clean kill and have practiced, ( never can too much ) , then as a one off it does up your confidence in your abilities and equipment .

I try to keep to 65 to 80 meters , but last week when I measured one shot out it was 89 meters a clean head shot though between the eyes and ear ..

With Cz452 and Winchester .22 lr 40 grain subs.

• Like 1