Altberg Defenders

I know what you are saying big lurks. Suppose it depends how much stick you give them. 2 seasons doesn't sound long but if you're out every day of the week mooching plus lamping a few nights a week I suppose it soon takes its toll.

I'm gonna give these a bash. If they last a season for £30 I will be happy...

99FD0C84-49CA-49AF-81A2-3A1A855F71DA_zps

are they brand new for that price Mate

No mate not new. Grade 1 used. Weren't in bad nick though. I wasn't going spend £200 on a pair of boots to find out they aren't for me.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you are saying big lurks. Suppose it depends how much stick you give them. 2 seasons doesn't sound long but if you're out every day of the week mooching plus lamping a few nights a week I

Try the Sneekers. Light and comfy but you pay for it with poor ankle support.

Don't know gaz.i would drown them in that spray and dry them in direct sunlight till dry and soak again.i bought some altberg defenders of eBay aswell used.great to let someone break them in I think.

I know what you are saying big lurks. Suppose it depends how much stick you give them. 2 seasons doesn't sound long but if you're out every day of the week mooching plus lamping a few nights a week I suppose it soon takes its toll.

I'm gonna give these a bash. If they last a season for £30 I will be happy...

99FD0C84-49CA-49AF-81A2-3A1A855F71DA_zps

are they brand new for that price Mate
No mate not new. Grade 1 used. Weren't in bad nick though. I wasn't going spend £200 on a pair of boots to find out they aren't for me.
ok my mate had a brand new pair 60 quid on eBay

Gaz I've had a pair of the same boots now for 2 seasons and they were grade 1 and they've served me well

Bit stiff for digging but for the same price I bought the hiax to use, if there good enough for the military then there good enough for anything

bought a pair of hiax, grade ones,spot on off eBay, comfortable and waterproof-won't be wasting hundreds next time I need a pair.atb dc

I've had harkilas and larksens didn't last a season on the shovel,those hiax are comfortable and strong boots infairness and for 40 quid can't go wrong mate,gonna get a pair to keep me feet dry when working on site .atb dc

Are these boots comfy i bought a pair of altberg walking boots and tbh not found them very comfertable.

Should have treated the blisters first lol, my Mother bought a pair of altbergs for hill walking, first use the leather scuffed through leaving permanent white patches on the fronts, very soft leather, and I'd have expected better for that kind of money, she says they are comfortable though

Just ordered a pair of Altbergs £36 grade1 delivered give them ago got Meindles paid about £170 for them not to bad & Scarpers £120 better both very good waterproof wise but thought I try these cheaper ones if not to good I palm them off to my young en lol used to like the Brasher boots but seem to get narrower so left them alone for a couple years, think Bergaus have took them over.

• 2 weeks later...