Altberg Defenders

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you are saying big lurks. Suppose it depends how much stick you give them. 2 seasons doesn't sound long but if you're out every day of the week mooching plus lamping a few nights a week I

Try the Sneekers. Light and comfy but you pay for it with poor ankle support.

Don't know gaz.i would drown them in that spray and dry them in direct sunlight till dry and soak again.i bought some altberg defenders of eBay aswell used.great to let someone break them in I think.

Altberg have done a good few thousand miles in mine and the soles a still good the Wellington ain't good for walking will eventually damage legs tendons etc if really banging the miles in gaz eBay loads of alt bergs for what it's worth I use the green lightweight now standard issue in brown I believe atb bunnys.

Thanks for replies lads. I have looked at the Lowas NL. They look a decent boot too.

I knew someone selling a pair of used defenders for £30 so snapped his hand off. They've just come today.

If I like them I will look to get a new pair for next season.

Bill hardy you are right about the Welles. No support around the ankles and lower leg at all. I put a few miles in mooching.

Had altbergs field and fell for 2 seasons and that's them done wasn't greatly impressed if Iam honest the catches were the laces go threw have all broken off and I got a small leak on the seams after the first season and there is hardly any tread left on the soles for £260 I expected a bit more after all the reviews on here and the reviews online

I know what you are saying big lurks. Suppose it depends how much stick you give them. 2 seasons doesn't sound long but if you're out every day of the week mooching plus lamping a few nights a week I suppose it soon takes its toll.

I'm gonna give these a bash. If they last a season for £30 I will be happy...

99FD0C84-49CA-49AF-81A2-3A1A855F71DA_zps

• Like 1

I know what you are saying big lurks. Suppose it depends how much stick you give them. 2 seasons doesn't sound long but if you're out every day of the week mooching plus lamping a few nights a week I suppose it soon takes its toll.

I'm gonna give these a bash. If they last a season for £30 I will be happy...

99FD0C84-49CA-49AF-81A2-3A1A855F71DA_zps

are they brand new for that price Mate