Ferrets

I would get kits off someone with a good line of workers as you would do with a dog. Colour makes no difference to a good line of ferrets regarding working ability but some may have a preference for white or lighter coloured ferrets as i have, just makes them easier see and keep track of in rough ground. Size wise they all have their uses, smaller types probably bolt more (not always true) and the bigger ones good for moving hard worked rabbits that don't want to move, or holding them to dig as a little one may get dragged thus a number of digs, the smaller ones will move stubborn rabbits, but can take a bit more of a kicking and as i say get dragged about a bit. I have found hob ferrets to be a bit more placid in general and go about their work in a slower more methodical way but very effective. Just a few opinions, others my disagree but maybe a few ideas to think about. ATB.

• Like 4

Mostly as above apart from I like a good sized jill with stamina to work a full day , colour really doesn't come into it as ive a few colours but it is sure easier to see the lighter colours move about . The difference for me is there working ability only jills that stick until there dug out make the grade for me and only them will be bred from

• Like 2