Stainless Steel Putange

The triggers will definitely feel different to a mole, the putanges will 'give' easy whereas the duffus, if not set fine enough, will simply form a 'solid' object to the mole I reckon....... To be honest, nothing touches the talpex IMO...

It might also be the way they are hinged. With a Duffus the mole has to push it away and up and that could influence it to dig under if the trigger is a bit sticky to move. Whereas the Putange trigger falls away and down possibly influencing the mole to treat it like a stone and bulldoze it away. Happen :hmm:

• Like 2

Could be a project for a welder with time on his hands; Take a scissor trap, cut the trigger off, weld two rods at the base of each prong to connect the prongs together front to back, and then fit the trigger between the rods in the middle of the trap like on a Putange. That way the trigger would be hinged at the bottom and should displace more easily. Happen. :laugh:

The triggers will definitely feel different to a mole, the putanges will 'give' easy whereas the duffus, if not set fine enough, will simply form a 'solid' object to the mole I reckon....... To be honest, nothing touches the talpex IMO...

It might also be the way they are hinged. With a Duffus the mole has to push it away and up and that could influence it to dig under if the trigger is a bit sticky to move. Whereas the Putange trigger falls away and down possibly influencing the mole to treat it like a stone and bulldoze it away. Happen :hmm:

The procter pest stop half barrels I purchased recently are very hard to "fire" and the mole will need a really good push to set them off, but they are catching the same as the flatpack ones. Not sure they view it as a "solid" object, IMO

Different triggers on the putanges make the catch rate go up alot. I chucked the old ones away.

The new triggers are a vast improvement. Not just for the catch rate. But for ease of setting.

When I have had a word with the man with the idea I will stick up a post.

I'm not saying the old triggers don't work as they do and I regularly catch with them. The new ones are just better IMO

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...