Favourite Tipple Or Drink.

Lads I'm not kidding ya, a good bottle of poitin is nicer than any malt whiskey. Not the shite they sell down the pub, but the real deal! Much nicer taste than whiskey, although I'm fond of a bit of paddy's too.

Take her easy mind!

Eddie, my brother was one hell of a drinker and loved the Whisky. However , he told the myself the Poitin was in a somewhat different league. Hope I'm correct with the spelling of the drink in question. "Perhaps you can can enlighten myself with you being from Ireland"?Is the drink you mentioned made with potatoes, sorry I don't know a great deal about this drink to be honest?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you dont put coke (or Ice) with real whisky ... thats what Jack Daniels is for!!

when there's poitin involved there's usually a good story involved. I can still get it but don't want to anymore. It was always great to have a bottle in the house for when you felt the flu coming on.

I used to sell a lot of the stuff and a few years ago I had a visit off two Norwegian dogmen so I thought I'd give them a taste of Irish hospitality. At the time I was well used to Poitin so I got ou

Posted Images

Hello to all readers,

Hoping everyone is okay and life treats everyone just fine. I don't know if this subject has been touched upon, but I'd be very interested to hear from members what their favourite tipple is or drink. My particular interest would be on the wonderful subject of one our most popular drinks, namely (Whisky). It would be good to hear from our Scottish Whisky drinking friends about their thoughts on the favourite subject of Whisky in particular. Also my regards to my trusty Irish friends...

Regards, Lutra....

Im blessed as i come from Keighley and a brewery that as won more awards than any other,Taylors Landlord,with good reason.I bought a bottle of 3 Monkeys a few months ago,smoooooth on the tonsils.

Lads I'm not kidding ya, a good bottle of poitin is nicer than any malt whiskey. Not the shite they sell down the pub, but the real deal! Much nicer taste than whiskey, although I'm fond of a bit of paddy's too.

Take her easy mind!

Eddie, my brother was one hell of a drinker and loved the Whisky. However , he told the myself the Poitin was in a somewhat different league. Hope I'm correct with the spelling of the drink in question. "Perhaps you can can enlighten myself with you being from Ireland"?Is the drink you mentioned made with potatoes, sorry I don't know a great deal about this drink to be honest?

Neil might know more about the stuff than I do. It can definitely be made with potatoes, but I think barley makes better stuff. I think it can be made with all kinds of base ingredient. The problem with poitin is, there's a lot of shite out there, and if you get a bad bottle, you'll know about it! There can be huge differences in taste, and strength, because there all made with different materials, in different ways.

I got a bottle a few years back that came from the north. It was a flavoured poitin. Think it was peach snaps flavour. Surprisingly good, and strong too. There were four or five different flavours I believe.

• Like 1

I dont drink but if i was to have one on occasion it would be hennesy vs or xo if someone else is buying.

Im partial to a cognac schweppes, a hunting friends family business is vines which makes the eau de vie which then all goes to Hennesy for ageing = cognac.

Off to Cognac country in the morning as it happens.

I have a bottle of this in the cupboard, only ever had a few sips of it, nice on the throat with it having honey in it, cant understand the price though!

Edited by Columbo
  • Like 2

Anyone north of the border gonna say Bucky's..?

Drank too much of the stuff for years then just stopped drinking other than special occasions, starting to get a wee craving for it now and then though lol the drink of choice at party's ect these days is pints of venom, £12-£15 a pint but sure to leave you in a fine mess lol

Take her easy mind!

Neil might know more about the stuff than I do. It can definitely be made with potatoes, but I think barley makes better stuff. I think it can be made with all kinds of base ingredient. The problem with poitin is, there's a lot of shite out there, and if you get a bad bottle, you'll know about it! There can be huge differences in taste, and strength, because there all made with different materials, in different ways.

I got a bottle a few years back that came from the north. It was a flavoured poitin. Think it was peach snaps flavour. Surprisingly good, and strong too. There were four or five different flavours I believe.

I used to work with an old fella who went back to his native Belfast for his hols. He said he would be getting some poteen (spelling?) I asked if he could get me some and on his return he gave me a medicine bottle full. I asked "is that it?" His reply was, "that's all you'll need"

He was right :D

Cheers, D.

• Like 2