Favourite Tipple Or Drink.

Water... honest!

But if were talking alcohol then red wine is top of the list. Cask ale running in second and wurzle juice at third.

Last place would be wiskey, the smell of it makes me wanna puke..!

I drink a LOT of water... but whilst camping in paradise valley in Morocco we found a natural spring... the taste of the water was unbelievable... it was like drinking some kind of tonic, its hard to explain
I'm in heaven when we go to Portugal for our jollies each year. We go north, near the Caremulo, all mountains.

Where the village water supply flows direct out of the rocks, to be collected from the little fountain they have and each and every villager produces their own wine, port and potato spirt.

A village where they try to get your approval of their wine by supplying it to you by the flaggon, daily!

Simply 'the' best water and wine a man can drink... I am truly blessed.. ;)

My mate Paulo, in his cellar. Just a bit of his gear here. You should see the barn..!!

post-8037-0-98619600-1458418367_thumb.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you dont put coke (or Ice) with real whisky ... thats what Jack Daniels is for!!

when there's poitin involved there's usually a good story involved. I can still get it but don't want to anymore. It was always great to have a bottle in the house for when you felt the flu coming on.

I used to sell a lot of the stuff and a few years ago I had a visit off two Norwegian dogmen so I thought I'd give them a taste of Irish hospitality. At the time I was well used to Poitin so I got ou

Posted Images

I dont drink but if i was to have one on occasion it would be hennesy vs or xo if someone else is buying.

My wife bought me a bottle of Hennesey XO a couple of Christmas's ago..........................thought I had gone to heaven.

Your lucky its not cheap stuff thats for sure

You should try sloe brandy my missus got a bottle a couple years ago at the yorkshire show you could drink it like water its that nice.

• Like 1

I dont drink but if i was to have one on occasion it would be hennesy vs or xo if someone else is buying.

My wife bought me a bottle of Hennesey XO a couple of Christmas's ago..........................thought I had gone to heaven.

You should try sloe brandy my missus got a bottle a couple years ago at the yorkshire show you could drink it like water its that nice.

Is the Yorkshire Show, the Northern Shooting Show? If it is, I'll be there and buy a bottle. Ta.

Water... honest!

But if were talking alcohol then red wine is top of the list. Cask ale running in second and wurzle juice at third.

I drink a LOT of water... but whilst camping in paradise valley in Morocco we found a natural spring... the taste of the water was unbelievable... it was like drinking some kind of tonic, its hard to explain
I'm in heaven when we go to Portugal for our jollies each year. We go north, near the Caremulo, all mountains.

Where the village water supply flows direct out of the rocks, to be collected from the little fountain they have and each and every villager produces their own wine, port and potato spirt.

A village where they try to get your approval of their wine by supplying it to you by the flaggon, daily!

My mate Paulo, in his cellar. Just a bit of his gear here. You should see the barn..!!

attachicon.gifIMG-20160120-WA0002.jpg

Hello Bosun, hoping you are well. The photo of your friends cellar is somewhat impressive; I'd love to see his barn. My old English teacher, a great man always loved Portugal. Hoping to go one day....

• Like 1

Is the Yorkshire Show, the Northern Shooting Show? If it is, I'll be there and buy a bottle. Ta.

No, the great yorkshire show at harrogate its in july.

Water... honest!

attachicon.gifIMG-20160120-WA0002.jpg

portugal is on the list of places we are going either this year or next year

• Like 1

Water... honest!

My mate Paulo, in his cellar. Just a bit of his gear here. You should see the barn..!!attachicon.gifIMG-20160120-WA0002.jpg

Then go north Gem, the Algarve is too British!

Fly into Porto or Lisbon and head inland, Coimbra is historic and stunning. Then if you fancy the coast Figera de Foz is a big resort but Tocha is tiny and brilliant. All very Portugese.

Go north and go native... ;)

Water... honest!

My mate Paulo, in his cellar. Just a bit of his gear here. You should see the barn..!!attachicon.gifIMG-20160120-WA0002.jpg

Then go north Gem, the Algarve is too British!

Fly into Porto or Lisbon and head inland, Coimbra is historic and stunning. Then if you fancy the coast Figera de Foz is a big resort but Tocha is tiny and brilliant. All very Portugese.

Go north and go native... ;)

we tend to stay off the tourist trail where possible ;) and getting lost is part of the adventure

Real ales, but only the darker ones, Theakstones old peculiar takes some beating, hard to get on tap here though, been trying a few bottled real ales lately and enjoyed Hob Goblin.

They have this in some Sainsburys, i think you'd love it.

http://www.jwlees.co.uk/beers/manchester-star-ale

Iv'e seen that Shepp, but not in Sainsbury's, iv'e never been in one? Thanks for the tip, i'll give it a go.................Might be a bit strong, sometimes the 7% + is spoiled with the strength imo..........some has the taste/body i really like, but hits you halfway down the second bottle :laugh: Just on me second Hob Goblin, and second (small) joint...............Feeling pretty good :laugh:

My favourite is without any doubt a good Malt Whisky, but not nowadays. Do I miss it , yes very much. But the dogs come come before anything, even a woman, we have no children. So our main interests in life is the dogs. They have served myself well for approx 50 years, and they waited for my brother when after 17 operations and only 2 hours to live, they awaited his return from Hospital. My brothers team of nurses, doctors and both his professors let myself take my brothers dogs into the hospital ward. "My brother cried a thousand tears when he was reunited with his most lovable tykes. My brother had been in Hospital for 9 months in and out of high dependancy and the I.C.U. also. That was the most frightening thing I've ever seen.He had to learn to walk all over again. He was nil by mouth also, if someone hasn't been in that situation they cannot even start to comprehend about the pain. Then he had to have a tracheotomy fitted also. It was caused by what he called a friend, namely a bottle of (Whisky)!

He has much knowledge on many types of Whiskies. He told myself about one of his particular gems regarding the Whisky he liked. He loved Johnny Walkers Red Label, but had a preference for the Johnny Black label, the deluxe version. Red label is said to contain over forty single and grain Whiskies,including, of course, a liberal proportion of Carduh.

In some countries it is sold at 12 years old. I also think it was one of Winston Churchill's favourite Whisky. Some of a few Whiskies I've drank and of which I really rate.

1.)Glenfiddich 8.)Laphroaig tastes very peaty.

2.)Glen Grant 9.)The Macallan 8 years old.

3.)The Glenlivet !O.)The Macallan10 years old.

4.)Glenmorangie, one of my favourites. 11.)The Macallan 12 years old.

5.)The Macallan 12.)The Macallan25 ears old

6.)Dufftown-Glenlivet 13.)The Macallan 50 years old.

7.)Glenfarclas 14.)The Macallan 1963.

Everyone is familiar with the well- known brand of Bells Whisky it has been the top selling scotch for many years now. The brands in particular are: Bells Deluxe 12 years old. Blair Athol 8 years Highland Malt.Bells extra special,Bells pure Malt 5 years old,Bells Royal Reserve 20 years old, Dufftown Glenlivet 8 years old,Inchgower12 years old Highland Malt. Another good Whisky is BRUICHLADDICH 10 YEARS OLD ISLAY MALT, really nice. The Chivas brothers produced some good Whisky which included Chivas old Vat, Chivas Regal 12 years old, Magna Carta, Glen Keith (blended) and many more. Another is the well known Glenmorangie 10year old single malt.

Matthew Gloag

and son limited produced the Famous Grouse, Brig o Perth, Cowrie House, Perth Royal and one called Torrabeg. Another good Whisky made by Teachers are certain brand names as: Teachers Highland Cream, Teachers Royal Highland Deluxe 12 years old,The Glendronach 8 years old and the Glendronach 12 years old single malt.

Of course I preferred to drink single malts, however, I did like certain blended Whiskies like (Grants). I was never really a lover of Vodka but I have had certain sessions on the good Russian stuff. But the best, even better than the Russian Vodka is the real deal, the polish Vodka. The Irish Whisky, Powers were nice and so is the Jamesons. I have had absinth which is almighty good stuff. "My brother knows more on such subjects as this, however, sometimes he must think and wished he'd never picked up a glass of the hard stuff. But he has to live with the DEMONS THAT HAS CONQUERED HIS LIFE SO MUCH.......

P.S.Other than my main tipple Whisky, I drank Cider. Cheers to whatever takes your fancy! Regards ,Lutra.....

Edited by Lutra Lutra
  • Like 1