.22-250 Reloading (Complete Novice)

Hi

I've been shooting for years and years and I am very interested in starting out in the world of reloading. I have 22-250 at the moment but I am looking to add to that when my licence is up for renewal in January 17. I haven't decided on what calibre yet (.243 / .308 or something else). Anyway, that's a different subject; what I wanted to ask, where do I start in regards to reloading for my 22-250?

I have kept all my brass and its good brass too. Mostly Norma and some Sellier & Bellot. I need someone to point me in the right direction with regards to what equipment i need to buy and any good books that are worth a read. I know there's a world of info out there on the internet but its so overwhelming.

It would be great help if someone could just give me a list of all the equipment I need, good powder and bullets (55gr I shoot at the moment). I would need to buy any equipment bit by bit because the pennies are a bit tight at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any help

Hi

I've been shooting for years and years and I am very interested in starting out in the world of reloading. I have 22-250 at the moment but I am looking to add to that when my licence is up for renewal in January 17. I haven't decided on what calibre yet (.243 / .308 or something else). Anyway, that's a different subject; what I wanted to ask, where do I start in regards to reloading for my 22-250?

I have kept all my brass and its good brass too. Mostly Norma and some Sellier & Bellot. I need someone to point me in the right direction with regards to what equipment i need to buy and any good books that are worth a read. I know there's a world of info out there on the internet but its so overwhelming.

It would be great help if someone could just give me a list of all the equipment I need, good powder and bullets (55gr I shoot at the moment). I would need to buy any equipment bit by bit because the pennies are a bit tight at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any help

Alright mate?

I used to reload for my 22-250 before I let it go. I used to love it. :thumbs: . Have a chat with Bigad on this forum. He has just got into reloading himself. I let him have a pile of brass just the other week.

I occasionally shot 55 grain out of mine, but the head that it really used to like was the 40 grain Nosler BTs. 4100 fps. :icon_eek: . It was like having a laser-guided missile in you hands! :boogy:

Cheers.

Tremo

Eh up fella

I got a lee 50th anniversary starter kit they are not expensive but it's got everything you need apart from the dies and loading manual . I got a load of brass off tremo then got powder, primers and bullets from local shop and I am currently working on my load development and as tremo warned me it's addictive if you need any pointers drop me a message I am new to it myself I have been given a few pointers

Maktayla - if by late Spring (late April early May) you have got some reloading gear together and fancy a trip across the bridge to Somerset, you are most welcome to come over to my place and have a day with me and I can take you through the reloading process of what I do and get out onto some ground that will take us out to 400 yds if need be. Lunch is included!!

In the mean time you are welcome to email me if I can be of any help to you.

Peter

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...