Wels....

Guest Navek

My uncle goes on the river Ebro ( think that's how it spelt ) every year to a lad who has his own business out there and peopl pay him to take them catch cat fish...some of the pictures he sent me are unbelievable . There's is one were ther must be 6 lads trying hold it up its a monster.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spotted my target for this summer...

Last neet........ 4lb line....

A full 30lb heavier than the last one at 49lb 5 oz....

Posted Images

Strange how those Spanish catfish are so camera shy. Some of them have been photographed more than Kim Kardashian. You'd think they'd have learned to pose by now.

I remember maybe 15-20 years back when Wels fishing packages were first advertised,the ebro was an unknown back then,the oackage was to kazakhstan to fish for truly wild huge cats.
  • Like 1

Strange how those Spanish catfish are so camera shy. Some of them have been photographed more than Kim Kardashian. You'd think they'd have learned to pose by now.

I remember maybe 15-20 years back when Wels fishing packages were first advertised,the ebro was an unknown back then,the oackage was to kazakhstan to fish for truly wild huge cats.

I have a huge admiration for the pioneers of wels fishing. It isn't my thing, but I respect the dedication and ingenuity that they practised to put this sort of fishing in reach of ordinary anglers.

• Like 1

I've not really targeted them other than a few sessions spinning on a local river in the last hour of daylight and stalking one fish I'd seen habitually coming into a back water I'd been fishing for carp. When spinning I found that the cats had a habit of taking the lure as soon as it hit the water. They weren't keen on chasing, but would ambush it.

The best advice I can give is to fish close to the bank especially with water over three foot deep and especially around tree roots. As you will see..........

Well interesting to watch that! :thumbs:

Good luck to you Mr Darcy.

I have had a few, although nothing to shout about, but I'm looking for my first out of the Thames this year. If that happens I will be shouting, even if its tiny! :thumbs:

• Like 4

Its a long story but will give the short version... the night before I caught this I had a dream that I had a fish on in the dark in the edge and my fishin buddy couldnt net it and I was trying to tell him how to do it while playing the fish. I told him about this dream in full detail (plenty of time to kill through the day in france) and it happened nearly word for word that night!!! REALLLY freaky!

word of warning, had pics with the fish and let it go, got head down for a few hours and when I woke up I had a really bad rash on my arms, sore and angry. took a couple of days to go down. not sure if these have toxins in their slime or Im just a sensative lad!