Rifle Lamping Kit

I already have one which is about 7 or 8 years old now. Fixed it several times but I think I'm due for a new one. Maybe the same again but I would appreciate your overall comments before I make a decision.

Must fit directly on to the gun, I do not want to hand hold it. Not too enormous and not to heavy! Must also be bright as a button at 100 to 200 yards as it will be used with the rimmy and centrefire. Also want dimmer control and filters. Not too concerned about battery life as I have battery packs, but I want good light up to 200yards!

Please don't say Logan does a good one, its not for a BB Gun!

Thank you.

Deker

Guest Ditch_Shitter

I've got a Cluson ShootaLite 2.

In view of what Decker's saying: It mounts directly onto the 'scope and is detatchable from that mounting. Just slots on, pulls off. Hand handle is optional as standard and the battery case is shoulder strapped and has a lamp handle holder fitted. The lamp's about the size of ye fist and light as a feather. It's bright as a button at 100 yards +. I wouldn't know about 200 though. It has a spot to flood dial. I really don't know about filters.

What I Do know is I bought it. Charged it. Use it. It simply does what it says on the box, straight out of the box. Nothing I had to get into, strip out, reassemble or otherwise 'fix' before it became reliable in use. It just Is.

Decker; Mine's mounted on a .22 Hornet. Due to my terrain, I'm unikely ever to get a shot much beyond 100 yards or so. But I could still make out what I was looking at well beyond that range with this lamp. I don't shoot 'Eyes' myself. I like to know exactly what the eyes belong to. I've lit up a Dog out there before now .....

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Rapid7; Ye'd really have to check their web site, mate. I'm in Eire and bought mine from a guy not known to be the best for prices :whistling:

I also genuinely don't remember what I paid, plus it was in Euro's anyway.

Guest JohnGalway

Lightforce Striker 170 variable is what you're looking for. There are different models such as handheld, remote mounted or scope mounted. The connections will need a bit of simple DIY, after that it will not fail you. It's rated out to 600 metres. I've watched a fox walk across a hill out past 400 yards with it through my scope. No eyes showing, I could see him very clearly. Very good lamp. You can also, if it's of any interest, get an underbarrel mounting that'll fit on single, double and SBS barrel shotguns, though I personally favour holding the lamp when shotgunning.

I already have one which is about 7 or 8 years old now. Fixed it several times but I think I'm due for a new one. Maybe the same again but I would appreciate your overall comments before I make a decision.

Must fit directly on to the gun, I do not want to hand hold it. Not too enormous and not to heavy! Must also be bright as a button at 100 to 200 yards as it will be used with the rimmy and centrefire. Also want dimmer control and filters. Not too concerned about battery life as I have battery packs, but I want good light up to 200yards!

Please don't say Logan does a good one, its not for a BB Gun!

Thank you.

Deker

if its a dedicated gun lamp i would recommend Nightsearcher 400 Gunlamp, not the cheapest but does the bizz without any rewiring. 1,000,000 cp with focus and variety of filters available including ir. The build quality is exceptional, all aliminium no plastic. They go on forever my shooting buddy has one that he bought in 1999 still going strong.

http://www.brighteyesandbobtails.co.uk/aca...cher_Lamps.html

if i didnt use the dogs i would have one but i use the clulite, same as DS coz the handle and gunmount are interchangable, its a ruddy lump on top of the gun though compared to the NS 400 and i regularly get jealous when out with the guns!

Good hunting!

• 4 weeks later...
Cluson shootalite 2 on cz 22 good set up :drink::drink:

I use a 2d cell maglite mounted on my scope using bisley scope mounts the 2dcell battaries last around 3hrs but have a second pair "if required" I have found this quite a good set up and theres no hassle of wires or batt packs on my person. I can only comment from experience and find this bit of kit compact and precise to my needs I use it on my dedicated rifle for lamping the BSA Ultra .22 and have had numerouse results from it as I say I can only comment on what I have used and this suits me to the ground youy can have a look if you like on www.freewebs.com/nightcrawlerslodge/ in my guns section.